VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are times when it's fun to feel the wind. I have a 09 KP tour and am wondering if my windshield can be converted with the Victory switch blade hardware. Also, does this mechanism work as advertised? It looks a little cluttered up in the photos. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Are you talking about the Lock and Ridehardware? Switchblade is a National Cycle Shield.Just my opinion,if you find who makes the Brackets and can purchase them plus the mounting hardware, you mat find that it might be as pricey as buying thewhole set up.
I just looked on the Vic site and it does look a tad cluttered. I had the Switch Blade on my Hammer S and I will sayit had great quality and was seconds to attach. They do not lock, but I never had an issue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you're right about Switch blade. What I meant to ask about was the Victory locking system. I am trying to find out if my old windshield could be used with it. Good to know you had a positive experience with the Switchblade, I've heard good things about it too.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
There is a member here who bought his wife a Vegas this past spring. In his Gallery Pictures her ride had a Kingpin Tour windshield mounted with Victorys Lock & Ride System, I'm not sure but I think Memphis Shades Make the Lock & Ride system for Victory. The fork mounts can be bought seperately, it's the windshield mounting brackets that are the problem finding.

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
I am pretty confused. Who makes your old windshield? What kind of brackets are on it? If it won't work now in the standard Vic mount for the touring shield it won't work with the lock and ride hardware.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
satxron said:
I am pretty confused. Who makes your old windshield? What kind of brackets are on it? If it won't work now in the standard Vic mount for the touring shield it won't work with the lock and ride hardware.
Sorry, I have the stock windshield that comes with the KP tour.

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
On my 06 KP the $99.00 quick release hardware works both the big touring shield and the smaller acrylic windshield. I have both for my bike. Both mount the same on the standard fixed mounts. The quick release is shown in the brochure as a part for the smaller one.

In short, dang, I never do anything short anymore, it should clip right in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks saxtron, that's just the info I was digging for. And the price is tolerable.
Do you find the hardware clean, as in not lots of busy pieces?

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
Its a little busy. You have an 09 model so I suggest you check with dealer on model changes before you buy online. I have an 06

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.