VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I currently have an 09 kingpin and I am considering buying a 2014 boardwalk and I am wondering what parts can I swap over to from the kingpin to the boardwalk ?

Not sure which if these I will actually end up swapping but trying to figure out what is possible and go from there.

Does the boardwalk use the same frame as the kingpin ?
Can I swap the whole front end as one piece ? ( I like the inverted forks)
If I do swap the front end, can I run the Kingpin 18" rear wheel on the boardwalk without any issues ?

If I cant swap the whole front end, can I run the kingpin 18" wheels front and back on the boardwalk ?

Can the fenders and tank be swapped ?

I am assuming I can swap the exhaust, floorboards, seat, bags,handlebars without issue.

So basically wondering if I can unbolt a bunch of stuff and make the boardwalk into a kingpin.
my Kingpin is starting to get up in mileage and while I am sure it would go another 100k easily , the boardwalk has been garage kept under a cover and is in very good condition with low miles.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don’t know whether Polaris changed the frame, but I suspect not much if any. All the 106 engines should bolt right it as far as I know. So why not go the other way? Unless your Kingpin frame is bent or unusable.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just seems to make more sense to swap the kingpin parts into the boardwalk.
Everything is 5 years younger , 50k less miles/usage on them, 5 years less exposure to rain, heat ...

not sure what other changes/updates were done between 09 and 14 but Im sure there were a bunch.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I will try to answer some questions. Front end is wider on a Boardwalk than a Kingpin, you would have to swap the lot out, triple trees and fender included. Rear shock is different on the BW 4 inch of travel as opposed to 4 1/2 on the KP.
Seats, tank and side covers different on the BW. The BW is a cousin to the Judge. You may have trouble swapping them over. The consensus is a KP rear wheel will swap over but not the front because of the wider forks.
Exhaust and floorboards also handle bars should swap over. Not sure about rear fender as BW seat and rack mounts are different to KP.
Rob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

So -- I can swap the whole front end -- trees/forks/wheel/fender and the rear wheel.

It looks like the part #s for the shock are the same for the KP low and the BW plus I have the penske shock in my KP so I should be able to swap it to the BW and adjust as needed.

For the rear fender and tank .
The websites show the same part# for the BW and KP frames. based on that I would think the rear fender would swap.
For the tank I am not sure of any way I can verify if it could be mounted, since they use the same frame it sounds reasonable that the tank could also be swapped but not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.