VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
Just traded my '06 HD Road King for a new '09 Kingpin 8-Ball. Pre-installed Stage 1, luggage rack and mini-shield. Most riding is done close to home, and the wife never got into riding along, so decided enough overpriced parts & service, clanks and rattles, and came back to a bike that I'd almost bought two years ago. At least the HD held it's value, and combined with the Victory discount and interest rate that my Credit Union couldn't come close to, it was time to move.
My first bike was a Vulcan 900 Classic, and I really missed the Cruiser style bike. Also I'd rather ride than polish chrome. The power to weight ratio compared to the HD makes this a real blast to ride. Ergo's are great, it feels like the bike was custom fitted.

Enough ramblin'....I know....pics...

Don't know if it will screw up the look of the bike, but I have a Lindby Multibar on the way, should be here Friday. Cheap insurance, and I'm used to having a place to stretch out .

Never really used any of the luggage on the HD, but the small windshield bag was nice to carry shades, cell, keys, etc. Gotta find something, then a place to mount it on this black beauty. Wish they'd of painted or powder coated the billboard, er license plate mount. Might do that and replace with black screws.

Looking forward to learning from the forum.

Greg

· Registered
61 Posts
That is definitely a sexy black Kingpin. I hope one day to get my spouse to cross over from his HDRK to a Vic KP.

Welcome. I've learned a ton in the short couple of months I joined this entertaining and informative group.

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts

Very nice bike and I don't see how the bars could take away from the clean look of that beauty.

Oh Yeah, Welcome to the site! It's an excellent community.

KG

· Registered
128 Posts
Greg,

Welcome! This sure is a lively bunch for sure. I had a '06 RK Custom, rode a KP once and that was all it took. You are so right, the Kingpin is a blast to ride. I can't get the smile of of my face when I ride that bike. I had the KP for about a year before I sold the RK and bought a Vision 8-Ball. Love that bike too.

Good luck with your awesome ride!!!

Welcome to the VOG.

Darnell

· Registered
4,468 Posts
Welcome!! Nice bike! Get a lay down plate bracket and she will be lookin sweet!!!

· Registered
6,116 Posts
I had the Lindby bars on my '06 Roadliner Midnight and I loved it. It will not take away from the lines.....did you get the black bars? It is the best set up for putting your feet up I have ever had on a bike.

Welcome to the VOG......we see you learn quickly by posting pics right out of the box.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
phoenix9 said:
I had the Lindby bars on my '06 Roadliner Midnight and I loved it. It will not take away from the lines.....did you get the black bars? It is the best set up for putting your feet up I have ever had on a bike.
Black all the way. I've had enough chrome for awhile...
The bar was $239 with free shipping. Cheaper than regular bar then adding a set of pegs & clamps.

· Registered
1,729 Posts
Glad you know how to use your camera !! Stunning bike I just love any 8 ball but the pin is the next best thing other than the Vision. I also am going to take a demo on the KP next time around. Welcome to the gang

· Registered
1,664 Posts
ks_greg said:
/>Never really used any of the luggage on the HD, but the small windshield bag was nice to carry shades, cell, keys, etc. Gotta find something, then a place to mount it on this black beauty. Wish they'd of painted or powder coated the billboard, er license plate mount. Might do that and replace with black screws.

Looking forward to learning from the forum.

Greg
First off welcome to the club. As for your storage, I didn't do it myself but others on the VOG who wanted to keep a clean look mounted a fork bag to the lower part of the frame right behind the front wheel. Gives you a little storage but keeps it kind of hidden. Someone on here should have a picture (help me guys & gals).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.