VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently fitted hard side bags and rear trunk on my vegas 8 ball.... the book says the ride height should be 131mm to the bottom of the chassis. when i measured it as per the manual sat on the bike etc. it was 120mm. i have gone 2 turns tighter and it now sits at 127mm. before i tighten it another turn or more has anybody out there adjusted the rear suspension this much?,i feel that the suspension is fairly stiff as standard and don't want to ruin the handling. i'll appreciate any opinions

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well I would say adjust the suspention to whare you are comfortable with it and as long as nothing drags along the ground while rideing and cornering then don't worry bout what the claimed ride hight is said to be. Adjust your setting back to whare it was and ride the bike to see how it feels. It may just be fine like that. Like I say as long as nothing drags on the ground while rideing\cornering you should be good to go. Yes the suspention is stiff and that should get a little better as you put more miles on your bike. I hope this is of some help to you.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I would bring it up to specs. You will want the clearance especially if you're going to be 2-up. The luggage, as you know from installing it, is not light weight. My bike handles way different without the luggage. I have mine set to specs with the tour pack and bags. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

thanks for your comments, i think i'll go with the ride height setting i think, like you say if it rides ok then everything should be fine... does anybody know if the touring model has the same shock as the 8 ball? if it's the same then i'll be happy to set it as per the factory.
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.