VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've tried Productive Posts in the past with some success, but with all that has been posted this week, I thought this topic deserves its own thread.

Support Your Dealers...NOW!

Let's face it, some of us have a love/hate relationship with our Dealers. We love that they are conveniently located to our homes, but we don't like having to pay too much for our bike's service needs or too much for parts or accessories. We also don't like it when we get the run-around with items that we feel should be covered by the warranty and then get denied.

While there's been many threads about the lack of communication between the Factory and the Riders, let's try something new:

Let's try to openly and honestly communicate with our Dealers!

Let's face it, they are not there as a Public Service, like us, they have bills to pay. So, with that said, the next time you see an item on eBay or other online site that is offering a lower price than what YOUR Dealer is offering, pick up the phone or even better, jump on your bike and pay them a visit. Let them know that you can find the exact same item online for less. But here's the trick: Be pro-active and don't walk out when you see the price tag, simply ask them if they can work with you a bit on the price. If the Salesperson refuses, ask to speak with the Owner.

If you're reasonable in your expectations, I can only guess, your Dealer will be reasonable with you. Don't expect the Dealer to give you something for free! Yes, they are entitled to make a profit and if they lose money on every sale, they will surely have to close their doors.

When it comes to prices for service, again, be reasonable in your expectations. Yes, they have to pay the Techs, the equipment, taxes, insurance, electricity, rent and a bunch of other stuff that we may not realize.

It's a two way street. Communication = Good. In this day and age, I can only guess that if you're honest with a Dealer, possibly they will treat you as fairly as you treat them.

Nobody wins when a Dealer closes its doors.

Now, let's hear the comments!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I supported mine today. I scheduled a service and safety inspection with New Smyrna Power Sports. I also, had the Owner Andy order in a new clutch cable just in case... So I will be ready for the Keys....

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Have a 10,000 mile service this Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dsjr70 said:
I supported mine today. I scheduled a service and safety inspection with New Smyrna Power Sports. I also, had the Owner Andy order in a new clutch cable just in case... So I will be ready for the Keys....
Just a note...That's not me! That's another Andy!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

dsjr70 said:
Tell Andy I said Hello. He is a cool guy, and certainly needs support

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
kevinx01 said:
dsjr70 said:
Tell Andy I said Hello. He is a cool guy, and certainly needs support
I will, I really forgot he was there until I passed by today while out riding. Hey, what about my throttle lock question?

·
Registered
671 Posts
i would love to support my local dealer and buy a new bike but with me just getting my hours and pay cut back last month after almost 9 months i need to get some bills payed off then i can think about supporting my local dealer !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I Support My Dealer,They Went To Bat For Me And Had Some items Replaced Under Warranty That I Never Thought They Would.Just This Week They Replaced My Drive Belt & Both Pulleys.Thumbs Up For Route 1 Motorsports In Sackville,N.S. Canada.

·
Registered
814 Posts

I wish I could support my dealer (Peak Power Sports, Burlington Ontario Canada) more but I can't afford tobring another bike into the family right now. Dam!
I do agree with Andy though and have always felt that good or badI need to supportmy dealer when ever possible because some dayI know that I will need them. I just happen to be lucky that my dealer is one of the real good ones. I'm not saying I don't shop around but unless the difference in the cost of an item I need/want is really significant I will go backto my dealer.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Andy I have to say AMEN.
Drives me nuts to see guys posting about how they saved $10 on
internet tires and then had their dealers install.
I have a great dealer who always takes care of me.
I gladly pay a little extra for parts because of the service I get.
If I stop in and mention something is a little off with my bike,
it goes right in and a little tweak later I have my bike, no charge.
I have posted before how the guys at Mainely Action Sports go way
above for customers, more like a devoted family than a business.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I am very capable of doing almost all the work on my Vic myself. Last week i took the bike in for its oil service to support my local (and now only) shop.
I will continue to do this.
As well as buy T shirts and this and thats.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Remember, you don't need to buy a bike to support a Dealer. Parts, Accessories, Oil Changes, Service, Helmets, Gear, Boots...even a T-Shirt is a good thing! Yes, not all Dealers stock these things, but if they see you asking for them, maybe they will!

I'm not trying to sound like a Telethon, but these are tough times and YES, this IS a Motorcycle Community Website. So, tell your friends to do the same! Hey, Non-H-D Owners wear H-D T-Shirts...maybe we can start a trend by getting more Non-Riders to wear a Victory T-Shirt!

When a Dealer serves Coffee and Doughnuts, those aren't free. Repay them by buying something!

While I like to have fun here, honestly, Let's Support Our Dealers!

·
Registered
671 Posts
i do like to support my local dealers i have and do buy a lot of things at a tune of 2-3000 a year on all kinds of stuff but when there is no extra theres no extra so yes once the average blue collar workers get ahead agian we can not all of us have a silver spoon in our mouth !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I dropped $450 bucks last week and I was at my dealer today with my bike club hosting an open house, BBQ and bike rodeo. We do our best to assure our beloved Skagit Valley Polaris will be around for years to come!

·
Registered
166 Posts
My dealer is Performance Powersports out of Seneca, SC. They have been great and because of that I dont mind the two and a half hour ride to have service work done. I have orderd a good bit from them this year in accessories and there is more I would like to get and as soon I can get more overtime I will. Hopefully in a couple of years I will be adding another Victory to the stable.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I buy all my oil change stuff from my Dealer, Hinshaws in Auburn, Wa. They have always been pretty cool to me. They are having the Cross Country there on Oct. 2, 3, and 4, I will be there for that, and I will buy another oil change "kit" while I'm there and I just might buy a T-shirt too!

·
Registered
515 Posts
MOM's South, Foxborough MA

Gooddeal on my 8-ball, fair trade on my FJR, fair price & prompt service by the service dept

They do right by me & I spend when I can! I'm still picking up stuff like helmets on-line though as they can't touch selection nevermind price. I don't mind a couple of bucks here and there but yeesh!

I don't blame them on the Vic parts prices either as I haven't found them anywhere cheaper yet!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.