Sunday ride | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Sunday ride

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by zebber, Jun 15, 2021.

1. zebber

zebber Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2016 Magnum, 2017 Indian Roadmaster
    Went on a small ride to Athens Ohio on Sunday with a couple of my cousins and their grandkids. Plan was to ride up to Athens(about 40 miles one way) go see my sisters new house then go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner then back home.There was me on the Vision, 2 Goldwings and 1 Can Am Spyder. Trip up was uneventful, took old rt 33 up because its 2 lane , not much traffic and a pretty good riding road, much better than the 4 lane. Visited my sister and left to go eat. I was the lead because I was familiar with the area. Turned onto rt 56 and realized there was nobody behind me so I turned around and found them at the end of my sister's road with one the Goldwings clutch not working. It was low on fluid so we borrowed some brake fluid and got it going but the guy we got the fluid said there was severe thunderstorm warnings out for Athens county and the storm was about 15 minutes away so we decided to forgo the dinner and try to beat the storm home. Decided to take the 4 lane back as it was faster and about halfway back the other Goldwing blew out his rear tire on something. Called for a truck and trailer and after about an hour the cousin's son in law showed up with the trailer, we loaded the bike on the trailer and the left trailer tire went flat. Changed the tire on the trailer and headed the rest of the way home and as we pulled into his driveway one of the straps broke and the bike fell over on the trailer. Just wasn't a good riding day but the good news was the storrn went around us and we didn't get a drop of rain on us.and my cousin controlled the bike when the rear tire blew so nobody was hurt .

• Like Like x 1
  2. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Wow! Talk about a snowball! Glad y'all all got back safe.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    Ugh ! I hate those days, and it wasn’t even a Monday ! Hope your Monday was better

4. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    That there got a bunch of $#it outta the way for a long time for you guys. I hope.

Glad everyone but the bike is ok.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tyrfryr

tyrfryr Well-Known Member

Cross Roads Classic
    There's a ride to remember, glad you all made it back ok. Looks like your group needs to check if all gremlin bell are intact and still good.

A little late, but happy birthday.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  6. zebber

zebber Active Member

Cross my fingers, I didn't have problems with the Vic. I have had that Vision all over the United States without a whimper from it. I did have a blown rear shock last year on a trip to Skyline Drive , Blueridge Parkway and Midland Trail in West Virginia. It was still holding air but all of the oil leaked out of it. It was like riding a pogo stick on those wavy , curvy roads, really bouncy.

7. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    We got caught in that rain, was lucky enough it was only about 2 miles before we waited it out under the shelter house at Ash Cave. Glad it was only tires & a strap, those are easily replaced & am sure I’ll see ya out & about somewhere this summer @zebber

8. zebber

zebber Active Member

We thought about going up towards Hocking Hills because a couple of my cousins Grandkids had never been there but we got a late start on the ride so we decided to just do the Athens trip. Hope to see you out sometime.

• Like Like x 1