VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with sumo brake pads ?
I have always used ebc but ive seen sumo pads less than half the price of edc.

I havent seen much feedback or reviews anywhere.
Not trying to go too cheap but also no reason to throw away money if people have had good experience with them.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Anyone have any experience with sumo brake pads ?
I have always used ebc but ive seen sumo pads less than half the price of edc.

I havent seen much feedback or reviews anywhere.
Not trying to go too cheap but also no reason to throw away money if people have had good experience with them.
EBC does not last half as long as llyndals gold, so these bikes are heavy and need to stop

Llyndals are slightly better stopping power then EBC, but they last much longer, and less noisy....

Never heard about the brand you opted....

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've used D2 Moto which sound similar and quite frankly they sucked. Yep, you can get a set for $30 but didn't last long. I switched to Lyndalls and am happy as can be. IMO brakes are not something you want to go cheap on. I tried and ended up replacing them so I speak from experience.

·
Super Moderator
26,092 Posts
Ordered the EBC's.

Thx
I think that's wise. EBC are not all that expensive and it's for sure not an item you want to go cheap on.

I've used EBC for a while now and have no complaints but maybe I'll try some Llyndalls just to compare. I actually need to change out what my 08 came with which I'm sure are stock so maybe I'll do that soon. I did the rear to EBC when I first got it because it sucked with that stock pad but haven't done the front yet.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Is there a break in procedure for the Lyndall golds?
Nah mate, just go 200 kilometer per hour and apply softly front and rear until you stop, then FAT test is accepted ( Factory Acceptance Test ) hajajjajajajjaja

PS, before you ride off, make sure the pads are actually touching the rotors, you wouldn't be the first dude that tried to stop at the first corner and still need to pump the brakes, hi hi

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm not sure if others would agree but anytime I remove or especially replace my pads I bleed the brake line a tad. Be sure to grab a small bottle of brake fluid if you do.

·
Super Moderator
26,092 Posts
My 13 needs rear pads so I ordered Llyndalls to give them a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.