VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking at a Victory Mesh riding jacket from Leaders RPM:
Victory Motorcycle New OEM Men's Black Lite Mesh Riding Jacket, Small, 286383702
Any thoughts on how useful they are?
I'm looking at picking one up as part of some other purchases and at only $45 it seems a good buy?
BUT I am based in Perth, Western Australia and we can see summer temps of 100 - 120 degrees

Any advice or feedback very welcome

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I've always worn a mesh jacket in 3 seasons. If it's a little cool I'll put my Victory nylon jacket over it. I just got the Victory mesh this year and it's really a good jacket. After a buddy hit a deer I don't ride without some protection...mesh or leather.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Without first trying it on to make sure the size is correct, you might consider buying another brand that will fit for certain. Zip-in liner for chilly days is a bonus. And visit your local H-D dealer to buy a cooling vest. Maybe other m/c shops sell them. I've never seen them before last year. At the dealer I visited last year, they carried both generic and H-D branded vests. Both made in China. My buddy bought the last generic one so I had to pay $25 US more to get the "Genuine Motorclothes" variety. Mine is 1" longer in the back and has a H-D zipper pull. Big deal. Soak them in cold water, put it on, wear a mesh jacket over it to keep it wetter longer and you'll experience air conditioning on the bike! I removed the H-D crest and had a Vic one sewn on.

View attachment 496731

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.