VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something dependable, that will fit and stabilize the bike so I can work on it safely. Any help to this novice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Byron

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
If you are handy, enjoy do it yourself projects and have an air compressor this is the best motorcycle jack I've ever had. I used an old Gray Automotive bumper lift jack we had laying around the shop. Cut the arms and welded a half inch thick steel plate to the bottom side of the arms and added a couple of angle irons to extend the footprint. Very strong and stable especially while being able to pull off both wheels at the same time. Northern Tool has new ones pretty reasonably.

Strongway 1 1/4-Ton Air Bumper Jack | Northern Tool + Equipment

Here's mine. I use a carpet square rubber side up on the plate.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a J&S Jack which is perfect for my Vegas. Their jacks can handle any size bike. The Jack is rock stable, especially when full up. It rolls about with one hand and is very compact. I purchased it to make maintenance and cleaning much easier. I also need it to easily store the bike in the only spot in my garage that it will fit - a snap!

The only downside is that they are a bit pricey. However, in this case you do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have both like in the video.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I have a J&S jack also. Agree with everything @PAF said above. Go to the J&S website and watch the videos!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just purchased the J&S jack but have not received it yet. I did a lot of research and it had a lot of positives. the only down side is the price is a little high. but I will pay for that to save on frustration latter. Just so you are aware I did hear that the price is going to be going up soon

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Where you get your money's worth is how high, how stable is the Jack you get, and ease of moving the bike around while in the air. I have the J&S and like it plenty. If I was on a budget and could live with the bike not being lifted up that high I'd look into the scissor jack @BBob indicated. @Pauljp was using one on in his videos and I was impressed.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I put this HF lift together usin' HF off the self parts...
(search out this thread--use TITLES ONLY setting on this forum):

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift Modifications

I'm still usin' it :dance:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.