VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I mentioned I would like to go to Sturgis this Augest. The result was an increase of the decibles. I heard "You can fly there and rent a bike"" Your doing this because you know I won't go".
I tried to explain that I have a touring bike and I would like to utilize it.
Now I just got that hit to the head as I was posting...Now she says "you can go but I will worry"
Is it like this in your house ?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Now she says " You can go but next Year we go together" This is not good because if I do go I don't know if I will want to go again.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Trekwolf164 said:
Now she says " You can go but next Year we go together" This is not good because if I do go I don't know if I will want to go again.
We offer a lot of services here, but I don't know if I want "Marriage Counseling" to be one of them! Good Luck Trekwolf figuring this one out!

I know how you feel, it's fun riding to a new destination the first time, not as fun the second time. So many cities, so little time.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy said:
Trekwolf164 said:
We offer a lot of services here, but I don't know if I want "Marriage Counseling" to be one of them! Good Luck Trekwolf figuring this one out!

I know how you feel, it's fun riding to a new destination the first time, not as fun the second time. So many cities, so little time.
Thanks Andy I know I'm on my own with the home situation.
I will probably go I never make the right decision. I'm good at that.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Marriage counseling from us! Good luck with that... Go, you will love the ride, last time there I was riding from Washington State this time I will be heading up from Florida. Since I went once I only plan on staying for two days and taking the long way home and stopping by the Dragon. It's the ride that is fun not really the destination....

·
Registered
256 Posts

I think you just have to split up the destinations. If your going to go solo to Sturgis, then plan another ride that will be spouse friendly.
What type places does she like? Find that out and schedule a ride that incorporates what she enjoys. You'll still get to ride to get there but she'll have a better time once your there.
My better half gave me the green light to go soloto Daytona. Now I just have to arrange a ride/trip that she'll enjoy. Just a big balancing act. Just remember the spouse usually needs to be on the high side of the balance beam.
Hope that wasn't too cheesy.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

I can totally understand your wife's concern. Your brush with the road is still very fresh in her mind.
My wife starts on me to please be carefulbefore I leave the house any time I am going to be swinging my leg over the bike. I have no problem with it, it is a constant reminder to me to be careful. A friend asked me to go with him and several others in Feb of 08.We already hadplans for the weekend coming out of Sturgis so I begged off and mentioned it to my wife...she actuallysuggested that we blow off the plans we had which were an early wedding anniversary celebration weekend. I refused. She did not let me forget that I am going this year with my buddy and several others.It will be the longest rideI have done. She is behind me all the way.Shealso suggested that I head to Daytona this year and use her mom's house in the middle of the state (mom passed awaylast October, we need tosell the house). She will not ride with me she doesn't understand how I can deal with the danger...this from someone who used to fly a single engine plane...she rode once with me about 3/4 of a mile total.
If my wife didn't worry, I'd be wondering about her. I like to thinkk that being attentive around the house and agreeable to some of her schemes has and will pay off...or maybe it's the previous 38 years,, I'm not sure yet.
Now what I really would like to be able to do both wife wise but time and physically is make the Vic weekend in Spirit Lake, Iowa the weekend after Sturgis ends. For me Spirit lake is 1/2 way to Sturgis, about 480 milesone way...Idoubt after the Sturgis trip of probably a total of 3k (1800 round trip plus riding while there) I will be able to hop on and do another 1k in a 3 day weekend.
You want/need brownie points?Suggest that she fly out and ride back with you..

·
Registered
342 Posts
HAH! Good luck figuring out what women want but if you do find the recipe please make sure to share it with the rest of us. :)

All I know is that if I plan a trip somewhere it is automatically assumed she will be on the back so the plans have to take that into consideration. I suppose that's my fault for getting her into this but I really do enjoy having her along for the ride.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Hey, it's great to have your wife into it, it's easier to buy parts that way :) My wife is good for the short hauls (under 200 miles) but won't go further but she understands I like the long rides and lets me go (most times). The only bad part about riding two up is that my head always hurts afterwards.... Probably from being slapped...

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Donna and I are going to Myrtle Beach in May for the wekend it will be the first trip for her and I on the Vision.
The Sturgis thing I just brought up out of the blue yesterday.I figured she might want to go,guess we will have to see how the MB trip goes.
I just saw that great pic of the anni Vision in front of Mt Rushmore and said that looks like a great place to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.