VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the owners manual and service manual for a 2016 Vision, I am still unsure of the correct tie down points for hauling my Vision on a trailer. Will someone please clarify?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can tell you how I strap my vision in for a long trip. I use to strap front end down so the shock doesn't bounce and the rear with two straps, one each side. Now I strap the front down to the wheel chock and thru the rear wheel to each rear corner of the trailer. This seems to work best for me. Bike doesntd slide or bounce anymore.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used a wheel chock and strapped the front tire to the front of the trailer. Two straps to the tie down point up under the handle bars to tie down points on the trailer with duct tape covering the hooks so if it bounced they could not fall off. And tie downs from each rear tipover to tie down points on the trailer again, with duct tape to close the hooks off. It was a nerve wracking hour drive, but all went well. The hardest part was getting the wheel into the chock that I could not see. As best I could figure this was what the manual said to do.

·
Super Moderator
26,151 Posts
If you have your bikes tools that were included with the bike in there should be two eye bolts. These can be screwed into the front tipovers to give a forward tie down point.

Reactions: J.Wales

·
Registered
133 Posts
What VicVisionBulldog says is the way my bike was strapped down when delivered to me (from Oregon to Florida!!) just a few weeks ago. It worked.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
don't over tie front end down you'll blow the fork seals. Once you have it tied down grab one of the bars and give the bike a shack. A little movement side to side is ok.
One strap on each side of the rear to prevent it from hopping sideways. They don't have to be overlie tight

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I used the factory tie down hook in the front center of the bike (up underneath the fairing) and the rear tip overs. Just be careful how you use the tipovers since they are not completely sealed (they have a slit at one end and the strap could slip off if you tie them back too far)

This setup worked excellent for a 300 mile trip hauling JLo home.

View attachment 490075

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.