VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike just did this again for the second time. My bike never gives me a problem starting. If anything the ignition on my bike is amazing. But sometimes it starts with a "thunk" sound. It is like the bike was just waiting for me to push the button and it fires up "hard" if that makes any sense. Like it sparked instantly with the button push, and sent the piston down at light speed but it was limited by the connecting rod. This has as I said only happened twice but it is really freaky when it happens.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes warm both times. Trying to think but came home from running around town and parked it for maybe an hr. Went to start it and it happened.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
It sometimes has a very sharp sound as it starts. So far, after over 33k miles, I see no problem from it.

Reactions: Tenax66

·
Registered
960 Posts
My decomp on c90 would act up occasionally when it was hot. Slightly out of adjustment and hot air in cylinder when the engine was really warm created extra pressure..harder to turn over. It would kind of fart on first starter push like battery was weak (it wasnt) then fire up right away 2nd push. I believe it also had to do where the piston position was at the time. I was only concerned really if it started to happen frequently

·
Registered
17,969 Posts
My decomp on c90 would act up occasionally when it was hot. Slightly out of adjustment and hot air in cylinder when the engine was really warm created extra pressure..harder to turn over. It would kind of fart on first starter push like battery was weak (it wasnt) then fire up right away 2nd push. I believe it also had to do where the piston position was at the time. I was only concerned really if it started to happen frequently
Fart to start :rofl3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.