VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new guy here! I recently re-purchased the very first brand new vic i ever bought from the guy who bought it from the dealer i traded it into. In the time he had it, he witched out the rear turn signals to an led setup. They flash fast and are barely visible. I am wanting to switch back to stock setup. Ideally id like to find someone that has some laying around they would let go of cheap, but also looking for suggestions on where to go. Not looking for aftermarket, stock only Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Not sure if they are the same, I have full set from my Gunner. I'll check compatibility.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I'd start with Ebay, then look for salvaged bikes on the internet, and,,,,,:worthless:

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Looks like it fits all other steel frame bikes from 07 but not the kingpin. Sorry. For the fast flash, you can add a 25W/10-ohm (or maybe 100-ohm) resistor on each signal from power to ground. Won't be able to make them brighter however. I think the difference however is just the mount, not the lamp assembly itself. Here's what I have if you want to give them a shot, I'd be happy to sell them to you.
Automotive parking light Shoe Automotive lighting Orange Glove

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
love the story line,,, more info on this rekindled love affair please:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So mister-g, I had an 05 TC. My mom passed away in 07 and my dad and I decided it was time to do some bonding so I traded in the TC and we both got got kingpins. He got the cream over silver and I got the silver over orange. We rode to sturgis for the following several rallies in sturgis together until I got divorced and was forced to sell my bike. About six months ago I did a vin search (unspoken perk of my job. Lol) and messaged the owner of the bike asking if he was willing to sell it. Turns out he was but there was a catch. He lived in Tennessee but god was looking down on me (or my mom) because the weekend after I contacted him he was coming back to Nebraska and was willing to trailer it home for me. The bike is now back home in my garage where it belongs.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
If they are blinking fast it sounds like the person who put the LED lights on didn't put in resistors. Slowing them down a bit might give them time to brighten up too. Some types are brighter than others so you'd have to try it to see if they get bright enough for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What year is the bike and where are you located, PM me of you dont want to post it up here I have an '11 Kingpin and being a part hoarder I should have my stock set in a box somewhere
It's an 07. I live in Omaha Nebraska. If you have a set that'd be great!! Let me know what you want for them!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.