VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i just bought an 08 vision to keep my vegas jackpot company and was trying to figure out if it is stock exhaust
doing some research i see that the stage 1 l2 kit comes with a second air filter.
if there is one in the bike could i assume its is an upgraded exhaust?
is there any way of telling for sure
i also found a s1 l2 upgrade kit that has air filter and mufflers and a calibration card for $250
is the calibration important
thanks for any info

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
The calibration is extremely important. Without it you need a duel comtroller. If you have stock exhaust, it will be very quiet. If you have S1 exhaust, it won’t be. After touring some miles on a Vision, I came to the conclusion that peace and quiet was nice. If you spend 8-10-12 hours in the saddle, ringing ears afterwards sucks.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Do yourself a favor and forget the stage 1 kit. Look to the aftermarket. You will see a bigger performance increase.

·
Super Moderator
26,150 Posts
Post up a pic and I can tell you if it is S1L2. It is easy to see because the S1L2 pipes are all one piece with the chrome shields being part of the mufflers. The S1L1 use the same shields the bike comes with and simply reattach with hose clamps. The S1L2 will also usually say Victory toward the end. I have them on my 08 and S1L1 on my 13.

As for the air filters the Vision can have two. One is in the front of the bike behind the headlight. This is changed even with a S1L1. After that you can add another filter, referred to as a Top Filter. This filter is under the radio panel in the spine of the bike. This gives a big boost in power but you most certainly need a fuel tuner if you add it.

You can usually find a canned map that will be close enough if you do not want to dyno tune it. I happened to find a tune for my exact mods on my 13 and it runs great.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I back what Poseidon and VVB said. Skip the stage anything. Go aftermarket. If you like the “quiet” of the stock exhaust, that’s fine. You can still get a lot of giddy up by adding the other things mentioned (top filter & fuel controller)

·
Super Moderator
26,150 Posts
If you like the sound or even just the look of the Victory S1L1 or S1L2 and can get them cheap I say go for it. Instead of using the flash card it comes with add a tuner with a good tune. This will give you the best performance from the pipes.

I bought my S1L1 for $100 bucks and love them. I also like the L2 but they are different. Th L1 is a lower note while the L2 is higher. Both sound good though, IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.