VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's more of a comfort question vs a handling question. The handling of the bike will not change but it might feel different at first. Depends on the type bars you install and the length of your arms.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm going to change the stock V-bars on my bike to the 2010 bars. They are not as wide and back about 2 in. Its all about comfort for me. I got the bike because I like long rides and the V-bars require longer arms than I have to be comfortable.

I'm enjoying the position of the foot pegs very much.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I don't have a Jackpot, but I installed 2" pull backs on my bike and it did change the feel at low speeds. It felt somewhat wider. What helped me in the end was a rider back rest. For me, the back rest helps me at all speeds. Arms are relaxed and in good position at all times. I don't feel as if I'm hanging on when I throttle it. I'm just in good position.

·
Registered
609 Posts

I read a review on the '09 Hammer S and they were saying that they found it handled better than the regular Hammer and that the only difference is that for the S version they took off the V-Bar and put on the regular bars that all the other Vics have.
Changing how you sit on the bike would change weight distribution and incrementally change handling. I know this is a fact on MX bikes, its too a much lesser degree on a cruiser like your JP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those Kewlmetal bars are sweet , just the rise is a little much for my liking . I found that yes swapping bars changes your body position and in turn changed the way the bike handled as I was in a better position to maneuver the bike . I have a set of customized low rise 3" T bars on my Hammer ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went from the stock pull back bars on my 14 XR to the stock Hammer bars and feel like improved the low speed control immensely . With the pull back bars and very long arms felt like my arms were constantly tucked to my chest, the flatter Hammer bar lets me stretch out a little.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not to hijack a thread here, but I would really like to change out my Hardball mini apes with something different? I have searched all over for something different without any luck? Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
checkin out my 13 hammer mountings. the studs are 11mm X 1.5, thats about 7/16" just a 1/16" less than the 1/2 X 13 used in another v-twin. if theres not room for a 1/2 stud it could easily be drilled allowing a ton of options using separate riser mounts that our 1" bars can be clamped to.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
bike looks good lunaticrider, what bars you have? pipe looks great + it seems you lifted your license plate a bit, i like that also. i remove the reflector junk from mine but never thought of your move, what did you do for that? thanks rod

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.