VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the hawg wired upgrade with new speakers an amp.Just before I took a trip of 2200 mile's. I own the premium Vision with stage 1 intake an a set of big honker pipes. The stock stereo was pretty good sounding but felt why not make it sound better. The hawg wired install calls for discarding the factory housing the speaker sets in because of the size of the new speaker. I felt this wasn't a good thing an called hawg wired they recomended buying the baffle kit made of foam from another manufacturer so I did. I feel the upgrade was not worth the money spent .I also feel that if the speaker can be reduced in size to fit the factory housing or a new housing can be suplied by hawg wired for this new upgrade I wouldn't go the route I did if some of you guys are thinking about it.I heard Harley's tunes an think they have this part down very well. Hope to complete this system one day with good results because its just not finshed yet. Hawg wired did say they haven't got this far on the Vision yet an hope they will see this is just a must, an rectify this challenge.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I drove a 2010 Vision with the new radio. HUGE difference. I may order a 2010 radio this winter. The stock speakers on the 2010 sound way better than my J & M's. The read out on the 2010 is a little different and it has way more power.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Clubford00 said:
Anyone have a price for the 2010 radio? And is it the same exact size and hookups as the 08s?
Good question. Also, is it the new speakers on 2010s or stereo unit or both?

·
Registered
28 Posts

Here is the wining speaker upgrade for the Vision. J&M speakers and the Infinity 1031t tweeters.

I just added the new Infinity 1031t dome tweeters to my Vision and they make a huge difference paired with the J&M aftermarket speakers for the Vision. This combo ROCKS! Their loud, clean, rich with great upper-mids and highs.
The J&M speakers while they make a huge difference over the stock Vision speakers do not have a tweeter integrated in them so the addition of the Infinity tweeters makes a big difference.
The new Infinity Reference 1031t tweeters replace the KAPPA10.9T tweeters. The 1031t tweeters are better looking, a little lower profile and their cross over is set for 2.5 kHz instead of 3.5 kHz so they will provide a little more upper midrange. Both are 2 ohm speakers.
The base mounts that come with the tweeters are gray for some reason and I used flat black spray paint to paint them black. I used my dermal tool to cut out a little notch for the speaker cable in the bases and also painted the clear speaker wire black. I used high strength exterior double back tape to mount them to the dash. I spliced the speaker wires for the tweeters on to the factory speaker wires for the front speakers about 1 inch behind the connectors that plug to the rear of the front speakers so I fished the new tweeter speaker wires into the front speaker enclosures through the rubber gourmets. You need to remove the rearview mirrors, front speaker grills and speakers to do this.
Here are some pictures.

Here is where I placed the crossovers...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello family ....I'm new to the forum and cruiser riding all together . I've owned my new 2015 cross country a week tomorrow. I've tried back tracking to find pic and a converse about changing out am/FM radio with regular
Size and style radio/CD player. Is there room to cut out and replace unit ...... Please help and send pic

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
playfren,
welcome aboard mate!
That said... it's possible to start a new thread to get more recent results rather than revitalize a thread from 2009.

You're not clear whether you'd like to upgrade your fairing to fit a different stereo such as:
Victory Crossroads Fairing Custom Made by WOC

Or to shop around for a Single-DIN car stereo. Such as:
Kenwood KDC-BT762HD

I'm thinking for your XC you can drop any Single-DIN car stereo into your existing slot. But, just like in a car, you may have to install the headset mount which comes with the stereo or buy a compatible mount for your headset. One thing I've found when upgrading my truck's CD/receiver/headset it's best to go with the latest technology. That said... CDs are a thing of the past. Shop for a headset which has Bluetooth and USB features. I did this when upgrading my truck's stereo and never regretted it. If you go with a USB connection you can add an ipod and convert all your CDs to digital through iTunes and not loose any of your existing music library.

Sorry to say, I'm in a different boat than you. I'm ridin' a '14 VV with an integrated sound system so I don't have knowledge of your fairing dimensions. So I'm just adding my 2 cents from personal audio experience.

:pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint:

·
Registered
9 Posts
playfren,
welcome aboard mate!
That said... it's possible to start a new thread to get more recent results rather than revitalize a thread from 2009.

You're not clear whether you'd like to upgrade your fairing to fit a different stereo such as:
Victory Crossroads Fairing Custom Made by WOC

Or to shop around for a Single-DIN car stereo. Such as:
Kenwood KDC-BT762HD

I'm thinking for your XC you can drop any Single-DIN car stereo into your existing slot. But, just like in a car, you may have to install the headset mount which comes with the stereo or buy a compatible mount for your headset. One thing I've found when upgrading my truck's CD/receiver/headset it's best to go with the latest technology. That said... CDs are a thing of the past. Shop for a headset which has Bluetooth and USB features. I did this when upgrading my truck's stereo and never regretted it. If you go with a USB connection you can add an ipod and convert all your CDs to digital through iTunes and not loose any of your existing music library.

Sorry to say, I'm in a different boat than you. I'm ridin' a '14 VV with an integrated sound system so I don't have knowledge of your fairing dimensions. So I'm just adding my 2 cents from personal audio experience.

:pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Why not just buy witchdoctors amp and speakers. Price is $599.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started the speaker upgrade omg if I knew how much stuff had to come off I probably wouldn't have attempted. But I have most of the plastic off and full access to the left side speaker. I wanted to see all of your pics but many won't load. So many questions like do i seal the speaker how do i dremel opening doesn't look like much can be removed. How do i replace the ipod connection with a bluetooth connector. Any more help is appreciated

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.