VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any luck with a decent music system that would fit on a Kingpin? I've done some poking around on the internet but would prefer some first hand experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

HOGTUNES in Barrie, Ontario makes a system to mounton handle bars, it shows it for a HD but I assume it will fit any bike, I us there speakers in my fairing and find them the best. Have a look on there site
Regards

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sutherland said:
HOGTUNES in Barrie, Ontario makes a system to mounton handle bars, it shows it for a HD but I assume it will fit any bike, I us there speakers in my fairing and find them the best. Have a look on there site
Regards
Here's the Hogtunes system:
http://www.hogtunes.com/MA-2/MA-2.html

I've seen them in VTwin mag for about $400.

Does anyone have this system? How does you like it, and how well does the ipod stay docked on the handlebars at highway speeds?

·
Registered
265 Posts

I had one on my 06 pin made by polaris. It was a XM radio mounter to the center of the handle bars with 2 speaker, one on each side. Pure Polaris installed it at a dealer open house in Elizabethtown Pa. No way to hook up a Ipod , I was just a radio. Finely took it off for 2 reasons. You could not hear it at highway speeds (60 and above) and the cost for XM service. I look something like the Hogtunes system.
Maybe the ones that are in the farings are better I don't know. Don't have a faring and dont want one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am considering it too - the MP3 player, while great, isn't cutting it. I'm sure I will have a hard time using them when I switch to my full-face helmet in lieu of my summer shortie... Please let me know what you come up with - Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I had a Rumble Roads system on my TC. Played through an Ipod. Around town it was good. Freeway at 70 was ok. At 80 and above you had to know the song that was playing. My KP just got a Dead Center Fairing with 150w per channel Sony through Polk Audio speakers. Sounds just fine at 100

·
Registered
22 Posts
If looking for a good sound system w/out fairing, Look no further If you want a great sound system without a fairing, This is the one, for About $500 you get the two handle bar speakers made by a website Cyclesounds (I got the 2.5") the "Rockbox" MPS/Radio/USB/AUX/3.5mm jack and all wiring. it wires into the headlight so it doesn't run down the battery. you can also get it in all black powdercoat like I did for those 8-Ball owners I have had it for 6 Monthes and I they live up to the water resistend feature! I had My local Victory shop wire it up for me so it looks great! You can hear it even with the helmet on I wear a 3/4 with face shield and when turned up all the way on the highway at 70MPH, I can hear it lightly. If you have any questions feel free to write me. Website is: http://www.cyclesounds.com/

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
"I had My local Victory shop wire it up for me so it looks great! You can hear it even with the helmet on I wear a 3/4 with face shield and when turned up all the way, I can hear it lightly." Looks great don't cut it for music Question what would make this so great if you can just hear it when turned up Regards PS This looks good and sound very good at what ever speed I travel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whoops! Forgot to add about the "on the highway part" if turned all the way up at 45mph it can be a little loud for me, I have had people at work tell me they can hear me pulling into work about 100yds away! Really a great alternative to going full fairing with paint can be expensive. I will post pics tomorrow!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the cyclesounds system. I just upgraded to the 2.5", not by choice, old ones had a little "damage". Much better sound and much louder. I was thinking about the 3", but the only mount on the bars. I mounted mine on the base of the mirrors and I think it looks much better. Today was my first ride with them, only hit 50-55mph and same MP3 player on the 2" speakers was at full volume or close to it. Today was at half volume and sound great and almost too loud at that. It all depends on what you want them to look like and how much MONEY you want to spend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If money is an issue and you are looking to keep cost down. take a look at the Shark Radio. 250 watt. (http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/SHKCYCLERADIOKIT250/shark-SHKCYCLERADIOKIT250-250-watts-Motorcycle--yacht-snowmobile-2-speakers--amplifier--radio-pkg.html) I have it on my 05KP. the radio sucks but I use it for the aux input. run my iPhone through that using Pandora or ITunes. I have a windshield on the bike so at 80 mph I can still here the tunes. I ride with a skid lid and radian ear plugs also. cost delivered is like $130.0. and comes with a wired remote. I made a mount to go on my ness fly bars to mount the radio. serves two purposes; one two mount it and second I can now see my indicator light during sunny days. hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.