VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I am finding out both is the answer. Have a good hex set as most everything is hex orientated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both? That is surprising. At least they didn't throw British Whitworth in the mix. Thanks for your help. I should have things covered with my selection of tools.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

mjw930 said:
Half_Crazy said:
The late model Victory bikes are all metric. There are no SAE fasteners on my Kingpin.
Agreed, I have yet to find an SAE bolt or nut on my Cross Country.
Then I will be covered with my metric adjustable wrench. It seemed odd that they would use both. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I found it strange too, I first thought someone had dumped my socket sets and rearranged them. Now it's, is it this one?..no, put it back. Is it this one?..no, maybe this one...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I wouldn't go throwing your SAE set away just yet. The bikes may be metric but most of the aftermarket parts you will end up buying come with SAE fastners.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

If you are keeping your bike stock throw all your SAE tools away (or give them to me). Many aftermarket accessories that are universal fit (Victory, HD, Suzuki) still come with SAE fasteners.
So again, don't go throwing out your SAE's yet....

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Sure am glad i have both.
Besides come on, all you need is a vise grip and some duct tape and your all set ! Maybe a hammer too.........unless the vise grip is the really big one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.