VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Im new to the forum and just bought my first Victory! It is an 06 Kingpin deluxe with what appears to be the stage one kit. My question is this, if my bike is averaging 35mpg (babying the throttle)and is showingoccasional signs of running lean (popping) do I need to get the ECU remapped, or is this normal with stage 1?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you checked your plugs? Look at the color to see if it is running lean. They should be a light tan. It depends on who installed the stage 1 kit. Some will just put the new map in and send you on your way. The tps should be reset also for bets results.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Even with Stage 1 you should still get between 42-50 mpg. At least all the Stage 1 bikes up here are.

Have your dealer verify which map you have in the bike. And as "kramer" mentioned above have them check your TPS. Also make sure the fuel map is the right one for the exhaust system you have on.

Any problems let me know and I will "hook" ya up with a couple of really good Vic mechanics.

Roger

·
Registered
807 Posts
My KP rarely got better than 45, and usually hovered around 40. Plugs were black, and of course I had the fender smudge. My Vision, however, gets over 48 with no mods.

·
Registered
119 Posts
visioneer said:
Roger, I live nearby (EP) and would be interested in who you think are really good Vic techs. I like Bret at Diggers.
I too like Brett at Diggers. I purchased mine at Northway Sports in E. Bethel and Mike and Drew up there know their stuff. Locally the only 2 places I would ever go for wrenching.

In the Vic forum world it has to be either Lloyd or KevinX from the VMC site.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Roger

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey! Thanks for all of the responses. As it turns out, my speedo is way miscalibrated, and it is affecting my odometer and hence, my gas mileage. on a 200 mile trip with 3 other bikes, when their bikes read 100 miles, mine read 93. We tested the speedo at 35mph and mine read 30pmh. I took it to the local vic dealer and they diddnt have a clue how to fix it. Any ideas on how to calibratethe speedo? Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts

I've been wondering if my odometer is off also, ran a trip from Iowa through Coloradointo part of Utah and my buddy came back saying we went close to 2700 miles roundtrip - I showed 2570! My mileage varied from 35 bucking a head wind on the interstate to 52.5 running through national parks not going over 50mph.
Swept pipes w/ Stage 1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.