VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for information regarding the VictoryStage-1 2 in 1 exhaust. I have a 09 Hammer with the stock exhaust. Looking to make a change in the Spring but want to hear from the experts (that's you guys) before I make a decision.

1. What does it do to performance? Power & MPG

2. Require an engine remapping?

3. Sound?

4. Are you happy with change? Do it again?

I like the look and sound of the stock system. The primary reason I'm thinking of changing is so that I can use a larger saddlebag than the stock exhaust will allow. I need bags suitable for trip of a week to 10 days long.

Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts

Go with the Bassani set up. checkout my profile for a video or go to youtube and type in victory kingpin bassani exhust. Very deep sound and a big power. Bike smokes other vic's with sweeps. check out S&S airbox too, it's a great mod.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hntr4life said:
Go with the Bassani set up. checkout my profile for a video or go to youtube and type in victory kingpin bassani exhust. Very deep sound and a big power. Bike smokes other vic's with sweeps. check out S&S airbox too, it's a great mod.
Thanks for the video. Is it louder than the Vic 2 to 1? Remap necessary?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had sweeps on my old bike and they are deeper and louder then they were. I put the S&S airbox on at the same time as the bassani's, which came with it's own mapping. But, talking with the guys at Lloyd's you can run the Victory stage one mapping as well. The guys at Lloyds know there Vic's. Check them out at www.quickvic-usa.com.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kevinx01 said:
  1. I have installed several of them on customer bikes. The look, work, and sound great. Come with a matching map you can download, and the filter/cover combo. Make FANTASTIC low end torque. Crosses 100Ftlb over 2350RPM
Thanks for the info. I love low end torque!

Is the filter/cover and map part of the 2-1 purchase or is one or both extra cost options?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Putter said:
kevinx01 said:
  1. I have installed several of them on customer bikes. The look, work, and sound great. Come with a matching map you can download, and the filter/cover combo. Make FANTASTIC low end torque. Crosses 100Ftlb over 2350RPM
Thanks for the info. I love low end torque!

Is the filter/cover and map part of the 2-1 purchase or is one or both extra cost options?
Everything comes with the Vic S1 version, but you must have a dealer install the map. Programming requires dealer only software

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

RPW is to come out with a new 2 in 1 exhaust, it has a little downward sweep to it, as opposed to strait or sweep upward. I think there is a bike in the gallery with one on it.
I also think this is the best looking of the 2 into 1 systems.
I was told by them they were to send one to Lloydz for testing, didnot here what took place
Regards

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there really any difference in the performace of these different 2-1 exhausts. I understand that different materials and construction methods can impact durability but wlll it impact sound, power, torque, HP, etc?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
tHERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE PERFORMANCE OF PIPES ACROSS THE BOARD. rpw, AND bASSANI BOTH MAKE GOOD PERFORMERS. tHE NEW vIC IS ALSO QUITE GOOD
[sorry bout the caps]
Some out thaere like the Hard Chrome, and Hacker are pretty much junk that loose more then they gain.
I suggested the Vic pipe in this thread for the person that is not going to go wild with power mods. It is a simple bolt on with mapping readily available for it by both Vic, and S&S if you want to go with an intake down the road.
For or people like myself that can't keep their hands out of the motor the above listed companies make good pipes, and if you have an older bike the pipes from Car Chemistry work great as well. A little ugly, but right

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks kevinx01. I appreciate your input. I'm making my Spring time to-do list now. I'll let you know what I decide.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm rolling with Hacker Ripper pipes, plenty of gain in power and sound. I did have to get the ECU remapped, but the dealership that did it got it done within an hour and it was only $30. Beats buying a Power Commander like on my sport bikes. And best of all, no one asks me if my bike is started because my stock pipes are so quite.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

redbee03 said:
I'm rolling with Hacker Ripper pipes, plenty of gain in power and sound. I did have to get the ECU remapped, but the dealership that did it got it done within an hour and it was only $30. Beats buying a Power Commander like on my sport bikes. And best of all, no one asks me if my bike is started because my stock pipes are so quite.
My comments were based on 2-1 pipes. The Rippers were designed by SRVT, and are not a bad pipe. Not a big fan of Hackers history though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.