VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 cory ness jackpot,im hearing a squeakin noise comin from the rear.My guess is rear axle,the bike is under warrenty..do i try to take off axle or just take it to the dealer....can i grease axle myself? dont see any grease ports or anything...plz help

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Sorry for the ignorance here but, does this bike have a drive belt or chain? If its a belt it might be the pulley squeaking, I have the same prob on my vision on cold mornings or if i havent ridden in a few days. Just an idea.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Under warranty? Don't touch it, just take it in to have them look at it. I know there has been some issues but I can't comment on the Jackpots.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah has a belt drive,i have heard it when first startin out for the day,but havent rode too much this year,maybe only 10 miles or so...weather just now breakin in pa. Thought of ridin more and seein if it continues...yeah bought it new last year got the 5 year warrenty...should cover something like that...i hope!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Check the belt guard or could be the belt is not aligned. Did you lower the bike?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Meatball, it's your belt. Be ready for that when the belt is exposed to dusty roads, is misaligned even slightly or is adjusted on the loose side. SHARK

·
Registered
145 Posts
Maybe because of the recession you tightened your belt too much and you squeak when you spend some of your change?
Just kidding, but do take advantage of the warranty and don't let them tell ya it is working as designed.

Ride Safe
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.