VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a loud squeak from the right side by the drive pulley area when cold? Mine has a loud noise like a squeak from that area when cold and letting the clutch out that goes away after it's warmed up. Can't see anything wrong visually.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Sounds like the belt is a bit out of alignment and bouncing off the side of the pulley, have the rear tire replaced lately?

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
On my 13 the belt has squealed ever since I bought it. I know people say it is the belt needing adjustment but even after getting that done it still does it. I think I would have to replace the pulley to get it to stop but with no guarantee I have not dropped the money to do that.

My 08 seems to only do it sometimes until it warms up. Nothing like my 13 though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the belt is a bit out of alignment and bouncing off the side of the pulley, have the rear tire replaced lately?
Had the wheel off when I replaced the shock back in Sept but didn't move the adjusters at all, put it right back where it came apart. But I didn't notice it making this noise until a couple weeks ago during my big Florida ride. Had several hundred miles on it after the shock change out before it started this noise.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Maybe just give it a good cleaning, I use Simple Green and a stiff bristle brush to clean it myself, usually gets rid of the squeak for a little while anyway, but on mine the pulley is out of true so it just bounces off the outside edge, more when it's cold then gets better as it warms up and the belt tightens.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
my 2012 squealed on and off for 30,000 mi's till i got rid of it,,, annoying to say the least , never sprung for a new pulley or belt but tried all the rest. on the 2014 she was fine till the 15,000 mark and then a squeak started . it was time for tires all the way around so off to my " indian dealer " i go. ordered tires and told them about a squeak materializing . got 25,000 on her now and haven't heard a peep, if your lucky all you need is a belt adjustment. :bigpop:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.