Sportster style license plate holder for Hammer | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Sportster style license plate holder for Hammer

Discussion in 'Victory Hammer' started by 8BallinHammer, Feb 25, 2019.

1. 8BallinHammer

8BallinHammer New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Hammer 8 Ball
    hi All - new to the forums. Bought a 2012 Hammer 8-Ball last year. Absolutely love the bike. It was mostly stock when I bought it and now I’m planning a few small cosmetic changes. Hate the stock license plate bracket and want to move it but all the options I’ve seen online are for the axle-mount style. I like the collapsible side mount style that HD has for the Sportster and the Vrod Muscle. The ones that are mounted to the side of the rear fender. Anyone have any experience with adapting one of the Sportster license plate brackets for the Hammer? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Silentbutdeadly

Silentbutdeadly New Member

2008 Victory Hammer
    I have wondered the same thing and tried to get some info but never found anything useful? Thought about making something to work like that swing bracket but ultimately just went with an axle mounted bracket.

3. 8BallinHammer

8BallinHammer New Member

2012 Hammer 8 Ball
    I ordered a Sportster side mount off Amazon. Looks like the fender bolts on both the sportster and the Hammer are the same distance apart. The mounting bracket on the plate holder should align to the fender bolts. Still waiting for it to arrive. Just not sure if I have the clearance under the fender to use longer bolts to mount it.

4. James__

James__ Active Member

2014 XC
    Eager to see how this turns out. Be sure to post up some pictures.

5. 8BallinHammer

8BallinHammer New Member

2012 Hammer 8 Ball
    Bike is going into the shop next week. I’ll try to get pics to post. Looks like there is enough room between the actual fender and where it mounts to the rear chassis to fit the bracket. Was going to try and do it myself but figured the shop would be a better option. They may have to drill the bracket in a couple of spots to fit it over the mounting points for the fender. I’ll let you guys know how it turns out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. willorlando

willorlando Member

HI, this is something I am interested in, did you get this installed and do you have pictures.