VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I told my wife today that we need to buy her a vest to wear over her Harley Davidson jacket. And she told me she wasn’t going to wear over her jacket so I told her she can explain to people why she is wearing a Harley jacket while we ride a victory. We bought her the jacket when I also owned a Harley but she didn’t have a leather jacket. The girl selling it broke up with her bf that purchased a $500 jacket for her and she was selling it for $75 and it was a amazing jacket. I guess my wife doesn’t understand that guys that ride Harley’s don’t wear Honda jackets there is a certain clothing to wear per bike you ride I have Harley gear I also own a Harley they do make nice gear. But. My leather coat I sport I wear daily is unmarked. I guess my wife doesn’t understand my point lost argument so whatever.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Probably cheaper to agree with her in the long run. I hear them alimony payments and such are pretty expensive ;-) LMYR

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess any married man we understand cheaper to agree. And that’s what I did I said ok I’ve had my jacket for 15 years I’m not specific to any brand of bikes I’ve owned numerous I just love being out on a motorcycle it’s my relief my escape I love and enjoy motorcycle no matter what it is. I don’t like to sport free advertisement for any brand but i hate to say it Harley makes good riding gear. But damn it can’t sport Harley while riding a victory. I liked victory when they came out with the cross country love the futuristic look that the victory had people love it or hate it. But by damn you know it’s a victory when you see it

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
I bought my HD FXRG when I owned a Yamaha and now, 9 years later I still wear it in cold weather. HD is a great clothing store that also sells inferior bikes. Go with the clothing and avoid the bikes.
I never explain to anyone why I wear why I wear what I wear. I wear what suits me and works for the weather..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I wear Harley shirts but owna Victory.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Harley boots and t-shirt w/ dealer's name. Wear boots all the time, shirt in rotation with others. Though, never viewable as such on my VV. I have one Victory shirt bc it's the only one I liked but more suited for cooler weather so I only wear it about 2x a year. Wife has the same Vic shirt but don't think she's ever wore it.
Fwiw, she believes one shouldn't wear harley stuff if you don't own one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When i see people wearing a Harley shirt, i ask them if they ride. The few people i have seen in Victory shirts, I ask them which bike they ride. Harley has mastered retail advertising. Polaris could have learned a thing or two.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
so I told my wife today that we need to buy her a vest to wear over her Harley Davidson jacket. And she told me she wasn't going to wear over her jacket so I told her she can explain to people why she is wearing a Harley jacket while we ride a victory. We bought her the jacket when I also owned a Harley but she didn't have a leather jacket. The girl selling it broke up with her bf that purchased a $500 jacket for her and she was selling it for $75 and it was a amazing jacket. I guess my wife doesn't understand that guys that ride Harley's don't wear Honda jackets there is a certain clothing to wear per bike you ride I have Harley gear I also own a Harley they do make nice gear. But. My leather coat I sport I wear daily is unmarked. I guess my wife doesn't understand my point lost argument so whatever.
o dude, how long have you been married?????? dontcha know we guys never win an argument, even if we're right, we're still wrong, and or it will be brought up again 5 yrs. later whenever it suits her purpose. just know if its not happened yet, you've been fore warned.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
women!!!! ugh, ahhhhhhhhhh, love 'em to death, but, sometimes...………….. ya just wanna tell 'em to run out there about 50 yrds or so in a zig zag pattern,,,!!! ……. i'm not sayin',.... just sayin'

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have so much Victory gear I bought at 50-75% off. That's all I wear most of the time to go with my free Victory sunglasses, free HD t-shirt, free Indian t-shirts, free Triumph and KTM t-shirts regardless of what bike I'm riding. Hopefully the Victory gear will be a hot seller again in about 10-15 years. :pepper1:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have so much Victory gear I bought at 50-75% off. That's all I wear most of the time to go with my free Victory sunglasses, free HD t-shirt, free Indian t-shirts, free Triumph and KTM t-shirts regardless of what bike I'm riding. Hopefully the Victory gear will be a hot seller again in about 10-15 years. :pepper1:
Yep burned up the Victory website myself when those discounts appeared. Man the leathers are killer!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.