VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
read lots of different stuff
Will the Polk dB 521 improve the sound on stock system or no
Yes. But the most bang for the buck will come from adding an amp. I have those speakers on my XC. I added an amp but did not mount it properly and coupling that with extreme summer heat. The amp died from heat exhaustion.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm very happy with my Thunder 52s

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes. But the most bang for the buck will come from adding an amp. I have those speakers on my XC. I added an amp but did not mount it properly and coupling that with extreme summer heat. The amp died from heat exhaustion.
Are you all using these to replace the front and rear speakers?
What kind of AMP did you use?
Where did you mount it before it went tits up?

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Vtwin Audio is a great source for info and products.
Then there face book for Victory stereos. There you will see it all.
If your looking to just do speakers then Kicker makes a low wattage improves speaker for the Victory. Expensive and for my money I would do a 2 channel amp a pair of WDX MOTO 6.5 speakers and Vtwin audios 6.5 adaptors.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Are you all using these to replace the front and rear speakers?
What kind of AMP did you use?
Where did you mount it before it went tits up?
I had a Rockford fosgate x4 amp that I sat on top the radio in the cowl. In retrospect, mounting it above the radio rather than just laying it on the radio would have kept it cooler. But it still gets pretty hot hear. If the bike is parked out in the sun the temp can read over 110 degrees until I get some airflow.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
I used to run RF amp. Mounted it on a plate facing forward. Mounted a small computer fan next to it and ran that to a switch. Never an issue. Still have the amp but it has been replaced with an ARC 600/4.

I just installed Polk MM 6x9 speakers in my wife’s saddle bag lids. I’m amazed at how well they sound on the stock magnum set up. Very clear. Can only imagine how well they sound with an amp. She won’t let me do it. Says it’s enough for her.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You get the most sound when you add an amp. My first upgrade was JL 5.25 with no amp. Not much improvement. I then added a Rockford 4 channel "marine" amp, not the black Punch style, 100x4. Made a big difference. Replaced the trunk speakers with MB quart 5.25's and that helped some. Just did another upgrade and added a Sony headunit, moved the JL's to the trunk and put Infinity 6x9's in the dash. Holy !$!$ what a difference. The front speakers alone are nuts! Now that is going way to the extreme and isn't for everyone. But go with an amp and dash speakers at a minimum. 6.5's will be better than the 5.25's and don't take any modification to add if you use the adapter rings.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
You get the most sound when you add an amp. My first upgrade was JL 5.25 with no amp. Not much improvement. I then added a Rockford 4 channel "marine" amp, not the black Punch style, 100x4. Made a big difference. Replaced the trunk speakers with MB quart 5.25's and that helped some. Just did another upgrade and added a Sony headunit, moved the JL's to the trunk and put Infinity 6x9's in the dash. Holy !$!$ what a difference. The front speakers alone are nuts! Now that is going way to the extreme and isn't for everyone. But go with an amp and dash speakers at a minimum. 6.5's will be better than the 5.25's and don't take any modification to add if you use the adapter rings.
I would love to see how you got 6x9s in the dash !

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thought I had more photos of the process, but I only found 3. I made brackets from aluminum, cut out the stock speaker mount and tweaked and bent and trial and error putting on the nose fairing. Finally got them in, it's a tight fit getting the nose back on. Next time I take it off I will most likely tweak the brackets again. I put sound deadening material in and there are baffles with poly fill behind each speaker. View attachment 500497 View attachment 500499 View attachment 500501

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Wow. If you replace them the new Polk MM 6x9 may be a good fit. Nice and light plus waterproof.
Sound clean and loud with tight bass.

Anyone running Moto602 speakers up front ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone. Sounds like go with an AMP first and see what that does. Sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
They are runnin
I was looking to put those in until I got a smoking deal on the Infinity's.
They are on sale Sonicelectronics for $149.
Compared to their list price of $249 that's a great deal. Put them in the magnum.

Reactions: Ichabod97
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.