VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys
i'm using a pvcx to tune my '16 gunner.
while VE and AFR are not to difficult to handle, i'm struggling with the spark timings.
many users here have a timing wheel and ad a value like 4° to the timing.
what should i do then in the software-table to achieve good results while using 95octane gas?

thanks

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Originally I had 6 degrees on the wheel using regular gas on a stock motor with no pinging issues.
Later my bike was pro tuned, with 4 degrees at the wheel plus additional timing way up high rpm at high throttle positions done through the PCV.
I used regular gas even after my cams were installed until last year when the gas quality must have been reduced in this State (I started getting some mid rpm aggressive throttle pinging) so I went back to Chevron Premium. I may back the wheel off a couple degrees and see if I can run regular gas again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I found that it liked a little more timing down low. Say 4 degrees ish initial. Up top didn't seem to matter much. Stock cams with a 2-1 pipe and opened up stock air box. using a pvcx as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found that it liked a little more timing down low. Say 4 degrees ish initial. Up top didn't seem to matter much. Stock cams with a 2-1 pipe and opened up stock air box. using a pvcx as well.
thx for the answers.

@maksitfaster
are the values in the pvcx tables actual degrees? or is it somehow calculatet?
would you mind posting your table to compare it with mine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.