VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd let everyone know that Kevinx is opening up shop in Prescott, Arizona. This should be awesome for you performance starved Victory and Indian owners (probably anything else as well) in the Western states! Here's the straight scoop.
DATES FOR FIRST ARIZONA TRIP!!!
This trip he will be bringing the dyno trailer along, and is getting set up as of this minute. The first trip will have SMX working in Prescott APRIL 2-6. From that point Kevin hopes to spend a week a month there. He will be bringing a new Mobile Lab, and doing all the performance goodies. Email to.......
[email protected] So that you can set up appointment. I don't know about yall, but I'm kinda excited for him!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yep, already on the list. Probably be there on the 2nd. LOL

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Kev tuned my Guzzi Griso awhile back.
I thought it ran really well before he tuned it but damn he got even more out of it.
From off throttle to red line it's smoother than ever & now it has a "passing gear" at just past 6000 rpm.
I love riding it at 5800/6000 just below the kick in point!
That's all good but the biggie is the low speed in town ride is way more controllable.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Any plans for @kevinx to bring his dyno trailer to the S.F. Bay Area? I would love to have him throw a fresh tune on my Vision.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any plans for @kevinx to bring his dyno trailer to the S.F. Bay Area? I would love to have him throw a fresh tune on my Vision.
You'd have to talk to him about that, don't know. I do know he has used/tuned on a dyno in that area but don't know if he still has access to it. Might be a nice ride to Arizona?!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Arizona bike week is April 11-15th in Scottsdale, I was hoping he would stay for that.

• Angry
Reactions: rdeerx and bikendad

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Once a bike is Dyno tuned does it need a freshen up after a couple years ? Outside of a basic tune up ...... plugs and filter cleaning ? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
He's been taking about this for a very long time, glad to have him coming to the hood.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Once a bike is Dyno tuned does it need a freshen up after a couple years ? Outside of a basic tune up ...... plugs and filter cleaning ? Just wondering.
He didn't have the dyno ready when I got my cams etc. installed, so the tune was done "by feel". Of course I think I trust @kevinx feel tunes over most dyno tunes! But if I could get to him and have him actually dial it in once and for all with his dyno, that would be ideal.

You'd have to talk to him about that, don't know. I do know he has used/tuned on a dyno in that area but don't know if he still has access to it. Might be a nice ride to Arizona?!
I thought about that as well. Almost 900 miles one way is a hump just to get on a dyno. It's almost no use to try and find anyone who will do it around here now, everybody is so friggin scared. I'll shoot an email out to him and see what he says. If he has no plans to come back out here then I reckon I will have to find a way to get to him. For the record, it would be a nice ride!

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thought I'd let everyone know that Kevinx is opening up shop in Prescott, Arizona. This should be awesome for you performance starved Victory and Indian owners (probably anything else as well) in the Western states! Here's the straight scoop.
DATES FOR FIRST ARIZONA TRIP!!!
This trip he will be bringing the dyno trailer along, and is getting set up as of this minute. The first trip will have SMX working in Prescott APRIL 2-6. From that point Kevin hopes to spend a week a month there. He will be bringing a new Mobile Lab, and doing all the performance goodies. Email to.......
[email protected] So that you can set up appointment. I don't know about yall, but I'm kinda excited for him!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.