Something to think about | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Something to think about

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by crosscountryla, Jun 23, 2020.

1. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 cross country tour
    Not trying to start a debate or argument ❤️

I’m so confused right now. I see signs all over saying “Black Lives Matter.” I’m just trying to figure out which black lives matter. It can’t be the unborn black babies. They are destroyed without a second thought. It’s not black cops. They don’t seem to matter. It’s not my black conservative friends. They are told to shut up if they know what’s best for them by their black counterparts. It’s not black business owners. Their property does not mean anything. It’s not blacks who fought in the military. Their statues are destroyed by the black lives matter protesters with disdain. So which black lives matter again?

I can’t keep up. I just can’t. I’m exhausted trying to figure out what we’re all supposed to do, believe, and be offended and outraged by next.

Two months ago, First Responders were all the rage. In fact, they were heroes. We gave them free coffee, meals, and cheers as they drove by.Today we hate them and want them defunded because they can’t be trusted.

Two months ago, truck drivers were the heroes, as well, for keeping America moving and the grocery stores stocked. Today we block the roads with protesters, drag them out of the cabs and beat them half to death.

Nurses and Doctors are still cool for now. But they may be unemployed. They too are heroes, unless of course they truly believe all lives matter. Then they’re filled with hate and are part of problem like so many others.

Just 45 days ago protests weren’t “essential” and were considered criminal, selfish and a murderous activity. Today they are gloriously critical and celebrated. All of the obvious criminal and murderous activities are simply ignored. If you protest about lockdowns for freedom, you are selfish and you will spread a virus. If you protest, loot, and riot for social justice, you are a warrior and the virus cedes.

Trust the experts. No, not those experts. Don’t wear masks ... wear masks, but only good ones. Wait, don’t wear masks, wear anything as a mask. Nevermind on the masks. Not sure, but if you don’t, you hate people because you could be an asymptomatic spreader. Wait. That's not a thing anymore?

For 3 months, NOTHING was more important than social distance. In fact, we gave up all of our liberties for it. We canceled schools, medical and dental procedures, yet allowed the murder of babies, canceled activities, closed businesses, eliminated every spring rite of passage from prom to graduation, denied people funerals, even at Arlington, and we wrecked the economy for it. Then came social justice, and social distance was no more. Now things are more cut and dry though. A thousand people at three memorials for someone they never even met. It's a matter of "respect". But you can only assemble 100 or less people.

Black Lives Matter. Of course they do. Then multiple black police officers and individuals were killed during the “peaceful protests”. I don’t see any outrage. Black individually owned businesses burned to the ground. Silence. Deadliest weekend in Chicago. NOTHING!!

I’m really confused now. Look at the data, NO, not that data. Do the math. No, you can’t do the math like that. Only the experts can understand the data and math. What do you mean other cities/states/governors are interpreting the data differently? Pools are safe in Indiana, but not Michigan? Playgrounds are safe in your town but not mine? Amusement parks are safe in Florida but not Ohio, nor Michigan.

Just listen to the black community leaders. No, not them.

If you are silent you are part of the problem. If you speak, you are part of the problem. If you have to ask, you don’t understand. If you don’t ask, you don’t care.

It’s all so predictable, tedious, and exhausting. Nothing adds up. It’s one gigantic common core Math life problem, with ever changing denominators that I’m sure the media and politicians are eagerly ready to solve for us....until the next "crisis".

So for now I pray. I pray God will heal our land and bless the United States.

• Winner x 16
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. 53canuck

53canuck Well-Known Member

2011 KP
    Well said. I'm sure many people feel exactly the same way. Lots of new experiences and things happening that even us old goats haven't run into before so yeah, there's going to be some confusion for awhile. Best to learn what you can and make a sane decision for yourself based on facts.

Personally I put the blame on two groups. First off the media. Always going for the sensationalism and will go as far as blowing things out of proportion and in many instances instigating or prodding the problem. Secondly, all these f'n experts who can't agree but all seem to feel the need to open their mouths and again, the media right there urging them on. Used to be some pretty straight forward rules for scientists but hell you can't rely on them anymore. Too many different stories on the same day. And don't get me started on all the experts who are yelling about rights. Be nice if most of them realized that along with the rights there's also some responsibilities.

PS. And since when did politicians and tv/movie stars become such experts on anything. They've no more insight on any of today's problems than any of the rest of us.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    Love what you have to say, and how you have said it. As for me, I refuse to listen to the "experts". They are self proclaimed and have been proven wrong at every turn. I will live my life, pray for God's will in all of this, and have armed myself....well.....I will not be assaulted nor my family.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    No lives matter. Nobody gives a sh!t about anybody but themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rollinwind

Rollinwind Active Member

Magnum
    Bingo - Be polite and use logic if people start to act negative towards you. When they violate your constitutional rights. Use a Lawyer and a Pen for revenge. The only thing that really matters is the constitution. If you don't like it. LEAVE.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    This paragraph is total horse sh!t. Under what authority is looting and rioting deemed "OK"? What agencies tell us that the protests are not spreading the virus?

You didn't write this...

Got this from a Facebook post. Spot on.
    Sabrina Bunny Partain
    I'm so confused.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  7. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    The inmates are running the asylum now. Everyone just needs to ignore them for a while. Maybe they’ll go away.
    Fact is “we the people “ allow this. We are complacent and too comfortable some of us. We stand by and watch and do nothing. Hoping it does go away. We need to come together in our communities just like others do when they form protests that invite rioting and looting and show exactly what our 2nd amendment right is all about.

it happened in one of our communities. Jupiter farms. The residences there hear of a protest starting and every good ole boy in that hood showed up at every corner waving that flag from their lifted pick ups locked and loaded. Their statement to the protest was were just here to make sure y’all keep it peaceful. Our kids and wives are in these Homes.
    Glorious.

• Like Like x 3
  8. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    No lives matter. Nobody gives a sh!t about anybody but themselves.
    What? Another fuking plagiarist? I was right, There is no honor or dignity left in the world. Every life only matters for as long as it can be exploited. Nobody's worth a damn once his/her life becomes inconvenient. Take take take and discard like trash when it ceases being useful to the taker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
    The radicalized left is not going away until we make them go away anymore than the Stalinists, Maoists, Nazis, Roman soldiers, etc. etc. They are emboldened by all the placating by the politicians and the stupid people who have bent the knee submitting to their will.

It's time to play Cowboys and Marxists.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    Are you advocating killing American citizens?

11. walks35

walks35 Well-Known Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    I think you failed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    ...so it is the middle of 2020 and you are wondering why things are falling apart...

2020 has been a rough year for many ppl, and it has been a particularly rough year for the USA. Most first world countries have had a coherent plan to deal with the pandemic; but the wealthiest nation on the globe has been set upon by misinformation and the politicization of EVERYTHING POSSIBLE. So what we have is a crisis of ppl not working, ppl being being isolated and ppl becoming frustrated... add to this the misinformation and rhetoric that flows from the top tier of government out to the citizens pitted other citizens against them : how on earth do you expect social unrest not to be a problem?

Using this forum as a loose cross section that represents the make up of America you have ppl who believe the pandemic is a hoax, ppl who think it is not, ppl who it was engineered in a lab and those think it was natural in origin: we have ppl who think one party stands for open borders, while the other party separates families and cages children. There is the leader of the government who lies relentlessly and so often to the population and to the other leaders of other nations it is no longer even news worthy... like wtf.

I am not am American (I am Canadian) but a strong and healthy America who serves ALL of her ppl and stands for truth and light is partner the rest of the “free world” needs to rally behind. If America is brought down, wether it is from the inside or from a hostile foreign power, it will be a tipping point for the rest of the free nations that would be near impossible to recover from.

We are fed totally conflicted information on purpose that divides us... if you buy into the “us vs them” mentally then your influencer is winning. If you think the Con man in the oval office cares more about you than he does about being re-elected - think again. If you are an anarchist and spread vile lies with the intent on confusing your countrymen so the truth becomes obscured you should be ashamed. If you think it is ok to shoot or snuff-out an unarmed person’s life who is not immediately endangering someone else’s life - you need re-education.

Fanatical extremists can not be reasoned with, there is no compromise with them. When you deal with fanatical extremists the only thing that matters is their point of perspective ... if it wasn’t for fanatical extremists, left or right - christian or muslim ...
    ... moderate ppl could live in peace.
    This is a sickness that is ripping apart the fabric of morality and causing the decay of civilized people ... and it is a cancer caused thru misinformation.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    I did not write this. I found it on FaceBook and copied it to paste here because I agreed with what was written.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    When you do that, you need credit your sources : when you take a excerpt from a source, you should embed the link so others know the origin and who/when it is attributed too.

15. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    I usually do, I was tired when I copied and pasted this and forget to mention that I found it on my FaceBook page that a friend had to sent me.

• Useful Useful x 1