VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am now the proud owner of a 2010 Victory Jackpot. Whoever had it before me put 16 inch ape hangers on it with 3 inch risers and customized the tank to their liking. I hate the apes and cant live with the tank and the paint job. Its nice I guess but its not me. I would rather have a new or used tank without the welded in filler neck mod they installed. What years of tank fit this bike??? and what kind of handlebars came factory on it? I would like to find a used tank if only I knew the years that will work without any troubles. Anyone have a tank ????.I dont care about the paint ill paint it. Along with the handlebars I will also need cables. Anyone have some that will work????

·
Super Moderator
26,123 Posts
You got to give the guys a chance. Don't junk up the forum with multiple threads. It's always slow here at night and on Sundays in general.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not junking up anything! I posted once under Jackpot and once under the general forum. Im new here and IDK what to do and where to post so it will be seen by the right people. I was done dropping threads anyway. Thanks for the warning chief.

·
Registered
879 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah I have looked on ebay already. I have heard some tanks dont have the same fuel line setups. Like the ones 06 and before if I remember correctly . Is this true?? The guy I bought the bike off of said this one has dual fuel pumps. Is that the norm? Any difference in the tanks if it is not the norm.Thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,123 Posts
Im new here and IDK what to do and where to post so it will be seen by the right people.
Exactly. You're new and I was trying to help you out but I see I offended you. That was not my intention.

When a person makes multiple threads it makes it harder for us to help them. Things get repeated and/or missed while time, both yours and ours, is wasted.

Keeping things in one thread helps everyone involved. After you create a thread you can always add a post to bring it back to the "Active Topics" list. That's where most of us go anyways. The only time people go digging into individual forums is when they are searching for answers. We don't go digging to find threads to answer as they are in the Active Threads list.

Multiple threads that are identical and usual later combined by the mods which is a form of cleaning up the forum which is what I meant by saying "junk it up."

Dual fuel pumps would not be the norm. Can you pull the tank off to give us a picture of the bottom? The different years do have different pump locations and shapes.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Hey mate, I bought my tank at DonWood website, look them up and see if you like there prices.. ..

Can we see a picture of your tank please?

I have a jackpot and it handles perfect..

·
Registered
879 Posts
"The different years do have different pump locations and shapes." - VVBD

I didn't realize this. I'm glad you cleared things up.

·
Super Moderator
26,123 Posts
"The different years do have different pump locations and shapes." - VVBD

I didn't realize this. I'm glad you cleared things up.
I can't remember the thread but a similar issue came up. A person bought a replacement tank but found the bottom was different with different pump location and mounting shape. I think it also had different connections because the tanks couldn't simply be switched from what I recall.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You didnt offend me man . Why would you say that? I was just letting you know I didnt know that I couldnt post in a different place. I didnt know the rules and that they were so strict that I couldnt post in two different places. I didnt know posting twice would make someone upset at me

Exactly. You're new and I was trying to help you out but I see I offended you. That was not my intention.

When a person makes multiple threads it makes it harder for us to help them. Things get repeated and/or missed while time, both yours and ours, is wasted.

Keeping things in one thread helps everyone involved. After you create a thread you can always add a post to bring it back to the "Active Topics" list. That's where most of us go anyways. The only time people go digging into individual forums is when they are searching for answers. We don't go digging to find threads to answer as they are in the Active Threads list.

Multiple threads that are identical and usual later combined by the mods which is a form of cleaning up the forum which is what I meant by saying "junk it up."

Dual fuel pumps would not be the norm. Can you pull the tank off to give us a picture of the bottom? The different years do have different pump locations and shapes.

·
Super Moderator
26,123 Posts
You didnt offend me man . Why would you say that? I was just letting you know I didnt know that I couldnt post in a different place. I didnt know the rules and that they were so strict that I couldnt post in two different places. I didnt know posting twice would make someone upset at me

Good deal. No worries. Stick around and you'll get the hang of things. Tomorrow when these guys wake up you should get the info you need. I'm usually on late cause I'm a night owl with an injury that makes it hard to sleep. @BP6666VR is on because he lives in the other side of the world.

It's a good group here.

Reactions: jedi-mcfly

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ll pull the tank tomorrow and send over a pic or three thanks for the help

Se

·
Registered
879 Posts
Good deal. No worries. Stick around and you'll get the hang of things. Tomorrow when these guys wake up you should get the info you need. I'm usually on late cause I'm a night owl with an injury that makes it hard to sleep. @BP6666VR is on because he lives in the other side of the world.

It's a good group here.
I'm always up late, or early is the case today, for the same reasons. Broke 3 vertebrae and 5 ribs, a 1/4 inch from spine, in my back a few years ago and have a hard time lying down to sleep for a long period of time. Usually only sleep for about 2 hours or so at a time, a couple times a day.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More pics tomorrow eve at the latest. Im working graveyard shift. Fun fun fun Thanks again. The help is appreciated. Id hate to spend anywhere from 200 to 1600 for a tank and it not work. I called one old dealer ( Moms maybe ) and they wanted close to 1500 for a painted tank that I didnt want anyway. The factory handlebars were 250 and the original cables were close to 400. I about crapped myself.

If you're on a phone you can find a free app that can resize them. I use this one.
View attachment 436689

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Would not eliminating the three inch risers drop the bars down three inches and turn them down a degree or two and they may suit you, worth a try.... As for the tank, well I have absolutely nothing to add on that......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No those bars are stupid big . No control at all atleast thats what it feels like to me. They maybe even bigger. Im 6 foot and when I sit they are over my head. Thay are Mayhem bars at that. Id hate to be in a slow speed wreck with those stupid things on there..

QUOTE="Old-Gramps, post: 2727409, member: 20637"]Would not eliminating the three inch risers drop the bars down three inches and turn them down a degree or two and they may suit you, worth a try.... As for the tank, well I have absolutely nothing to add on that......[/QUOTE]
No

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.