VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
They were great! Never thought of using a banjo like that, but it worked.

I gotta say, out of all my memories of boot camp, the one that I am most nostalgic about was marching and singing in formation. Our drill instructor had a thing for fancy formations and singing; used it as an incentive to keep us motivated. Nothing like breaking into wings to pass through an oncoming platoon and singing at the top of our lungs while we did it. :)

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
They are pretty good. I found some other videos they did as well.

Reactions: Cruzie27 and Trout

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Loved listening. Of course, I'm a little biased...(I make stringed instruments)
Love the fiddle, and mandolin in there.

Thanks for posting those!
They have lots of other songs on YouTube. Link below will take you to a list of their other songs.

Six-String Soldiers - YouTube

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Man, I spent a lot of time traveling in the navy, didn't ever have THOSE guys playing to pass the time. :)

There was a guy in my division who was in my berthing ...sometimes after he got off watch he'd get out his guitar and play some. He was good enough that several of us would get up and jam with him. When you're on 5 and dimes there's ALWAYS someone sleeping, so the fact that no-one was complaining to have him shut up meant he had to be pretty good. On a 6 month deployment in the med and you haven't even seen daylight in 3 weeks you get a little depressed... him playing that guitar really made a bunch of guys happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.