VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least it rides like it is.

I just got back from a ride out to Indiana for a visit with my brother. I noticed that if I let my bars go on the highway (Say to adjust a glove) the bike would lean to the right and start drifting off the road. I thought maybe this had something to do with the pitch of the road, but it displayed the exact same characteristics regardless of the road I was on or which side.

I've never noticed this before and nothing has changed recently, though this was my first really long distance ride and I don't typically pull both hands off the bar either. It's not wobbling in turns so I don't think it's steering stem bearings. The bike only has 10K on it which makes that seem less likely. I'm not sure what could be causing this... Alignment maybe?

Does anyone else's Vegas do this?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
At least it rides like it is.

I just got back from a ride out to Indiana for a visit with my brother. I noticed that if I let my bars go on the highway (Say to adjust a glove) the bike would lean to the right and start drifting off the road. I thought maybe this had something to do with the pitch of the road, but it displayed the exact same characteristics regardless of the road I was on or which side.

I've never noticed this before and nothing has changed recently, though this was my first really long distance ride and I don't typically pull both hands off the bar either. It's not wobbling in turns so I don't think it's steering stem bearings. The bike only has 10K on it which makes that seem less likely. I'm not sure what could be causing this... Alignment maybe?

Does anyone else's Vegas do this?
You just never really noticed.. when I first bought my kingpin, the pad of my left palm was always sore, then I realized it was pulling to the right constantly....

We tried alignment, doesn't work, but...

light straight pipes work,
Or moving 1/4 cheek off the left of the seat
Or set the seat higher on right than left
Or dual pipes

Other that that, the bike is always gonna run right..

Hopefully you finger something out...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You just never really noticed.. when I first bought my kingpin, the pad of my left palm was always sore, then I realized it was pulling to the right constantly....

We tried alignment, doesn't work, but...

light straight pipes work,
Or moving 1/4 cheek off the left of the seat
Or set the seat higher on right than left
Or dual pipes

Other that that, the bike is always gonna run right..

Hopefully you finger something out...
Holy crap that is HILARIOUS. I thought there was something wrong with my bike! :crackup:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, thanks guys. Much appreciate the quick responses. At least I know I don't have some out of the ordinary issue that needs fixing. If this is how they roll, then so be it. As I mentioned in my original post... I don't typically ride no handed, this was because if a glove adjustment I was doing. Otherwise, I don't even notice it.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Even when I replaced the stock cans with some much smaller slip ons, it still pulled right.

Once I put the Ground Pounders it balanced out just fine.

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
474 Posts
My Hammer wants to drift to one side too if I let go. I don't recall which side it wants to go, and it may go either way. All I need to do is keep one finger on the bar so I don't notice anything when riding. I've done several checks on alignment and the Vic Stage 1 pipe is on the bike. Even my bicycle wants to drift if I let the handlebar go. I think its more related to the road curvature than the bike.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think its more related to the road curvature than the bike.
Even if I switch sides of the road and the road slopes to the left the bike still goes right.

Seems this is a common "issue" that turns out not to be an issue at all. "Flawed by design" would be more accurate. Nothing against the Vic. I figure it is just a quirk you learn to live with!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Even if I switch sides of the road and the road slopes to the left the bike still goes right.

Seems this is a common "issue" that turns out not to be an issue at all. "Flawed by design" would be more accurate. Nothing against the Vic. I figure it is just a quirk you learn to live with!
Not a flaw. Flaw would imply you are supposed to take your hands off the handle bars during normal operation of the vehicle. Things to consider with a Victory compared to a Harley that lead to the bike drifting to the right. Exhaust (even aftermarket) are on the right side. On a Harley, this is balanced by the final drive being on the left, but the Victory is final drive on the right. The engine is also slightly skewed to the right for air flow and cooling. It is a quirk of the Victory steel framed bikes, but by no means a "flaw".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.