So F’n disappointed!!!!!! | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

So F’n disappointed!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Bikesofbrads, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 victory cct & 06 katana
    Looked @ new bikes today & OMG the storage on the touring models is less than on my 15 Vic xct, yes, is an 116 instead of 106 & yes it has an electric op windshield & yes it has keyless start & yes it has power bag locks & yes it is brand new BUT for $30,000.00 it is disappointing..... by a LOT!!!! The storage is smaller than my Vic & with a $65 Ram mount I have GPS, with a $179 Madstad bracket I have an adjustable windshield, and holy **** I’m not so techno dependent that I give a damn about remote/ keyless BS. I love my bike, I paid 10 grand for my 15 XCT with 13k miles & I am the luckiest bastard on this planet. After my Madstad shield,1.5 in lowering link, ram mount, saddlebag bag bags with trunk bag bags for luggage, 505’s cams, Llyods filter, Noemtz remote tune & UD pulley if needed is done my all n $12,200 bike is so goddamn much better than a brand new $30,000 Indian & I just want to remind Polaris that they F’D up so bad, to quote some1 they said & I totally agree “ U had the prom queen & U killed her” I’m Vic all day thru n thru & U guys with the $$$ to buy the new of the newest just because I’m happy 4 U but plz sell me ur old ass “worn out Vic plz plz pretty plz. I luv my 5 yr old machine!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Active Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Could use some punctuation there.

Keyless is totally worth it to me. Look up digital guard dawg. Quick and easy system. No messing with keys other than trunk and saddlebags with a keyless ignition and keyless gas cap.

For the record a loaded up used Indian would cost you the same as what you paid for XCT. Comparing used to new doesn't work. XCT was $26k I believe when new so not a large difference just inflation.

• Like Like x 3
  3. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    Invoice out the door on the 2012 CCT I ride was 28750.00 or within a few cents of that. I know because the guy I bought it from showed it to me. It had all the (then) bells and whistles. Drivers backrest, passenger back rest and luggage rack (to put in place of the trunk, if pulled), grab handles, stage one, chrome levers and bezels, upgraded stereo/speakers, both trunk and bag top racks, special exhaust tips, the lower bag protectors, three different shields, chromed bits about, trunk rack bag, liners, 2" pull back bars, chrome front and rear fender protectors, and some other things I can't remember right now.

It now sits with many unicorn parts on it, and I'm glad he did what he did. I paid him 13500.00 with just under 11K miles and about 13 months old. All I've done is the cams, intake and tune with different pipes, and a set of the oem passenger arm rests for Kel.

And, Yeah, I wouldn't take for this bike. Don't see how I could do better as this one has all the comforts, power , and capacity I want and need. No one yet has beat the carrying capability of the Vics, storage wise.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    I was at the Indian dealership getting a tire spooned on a wheel...(for 70 bucks!), and eyballed all the bikes there. I noticed how narrow the seats were on full touring bikes, and thought what a joke! I didn't like the screen being brought so close to the rider either. Luckily they have nothing I'd be interested in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Active Member

2015 victory cct & 06 katana
    I have all the paperwork from new including names/ phone #’s of my bikes previous owners ( guy that bought her new plus 2nd owner ) & I have/do speak to on an regular occasion because they still wanna know how the bikes being taken care of ( yes these bikes R that special ) fancy do dads just aren’t enough of an appeal for me to spend $30k plus tax n title only to get the same exact thing I already have for much less money & still walk away with less if not at least as much storage capacity. My point is for me & my alone opinion is I luv my bike & feel no need to replace it but if U do plz post ur bike for sale on this market place so it can go to a place that truly wants & will appreciate it. HC’s events has just reinforced my heart felt realization of how cherished these wonderful bikes will b in the hearts of time, just like a 1950’s anything car/truck they will b sought after n the yrs to come. I luv U Victory & I thank you for each & every smile per mile, U’ll never die because so many of us just will not let U. Life may b about money but some of us have just enough that life’s about much more it’s about living & living is all about traveling this beautiful country on a VICTORY motorcycle of our each individual liking.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Blazed40

Blazed40 Member

Hardball
    You'll be even more pissed at Polaris if you ever go and try and trade in your bike lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Blazed40

Blazed40 Member

Hardball
    Crazy thing is these bikes were so over built at the time the are still better than anything out there

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Bikeless
    What we really need is for everything on the motorcycle to be controlled through a phone app...
    Or how about this:
    "Alexa, open the fuel door".

This is how things are getting....
    "Alexa, start my bike"
    BIKE IS NOT IN NEUTRAL
    "Sh!t" (walks to bike puts in neutral, walks back in house).
    "Alexa, start my bike"

• Funny Funny x 23
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. broggyr

broggyr Administrator Staff Member

2013 XCT
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
  10. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Vic magnum harley ultra
    Yes the storage on the new bikes Harley included can not match the storage on the victory’s and probably never will. You do get spoiled with it I know I did. First time in 36 yrs I didn’t need a top bag on the tourpak to go touring with the Boss lady. But hey what can you do right. If it doesn’t work for you keep what you have. I put a HD tourpak on my indian for several reasons. 1 I wasn’t paying $3500 for it in this life time. 2 it’s 35 lbs lighter then Indians . 3 it holds more. 4 it only cost me $920 painted from HD and it looks better on the bike anyway. But when the day comes if the day comes prepare yourself no one out there can match the storage of your bike no one ! So maybe just keep what you have. In 2016 a Magnum was $23,000 tourpak $1500 crashbars front and rear and floorboards put me around 26 plus. Nobody said anyone’s touring bikes were cheap regardless of the name on the tank when you buy new. My 18 limited will be my last new one. If I replace it I’ll buy whatever 2 yrs old with less then 5g miles on it. Their out there and I’ll keep the other 7 to $10g in the bank.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    I rode an Indian Chief back in 2015 in Reno. Shop managers bike he lent me while my CCT was getting new tires. Roominess? None. Dash, windscreen too close. It felt just like an H-D Ultra. And no doubt was purposely designed that way for H-D riders to feel the same on an Indian as they do on their Hog. More chance to pull them off their hog and onto "nostalgia". As if nostalgia will sell them in years to come when 40 yr olds get the thrill of their lives on Lime and Bird electric scooters for 15 cents / minute.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Vic magnum harley ultra
    @1stVictory Rolling my chieftain Limited coast to coast and having done it on my Magnum and every HD bagger they ever made I’ll say this. If your tall beyond 6ft that is. I can say this. It’s probably not gonna be as comfortable as a cross country or Magnum for sure. But ride and handling in comparison I gotta go indian myself. They are close with Vic no doubt. But I still think in that department they edge out victory and smoke Harley. JMO having owned all 3 and running them hard. But also my 18 limited is a bit different then a 15 chief

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Blazed40

Blazed40 Member

Hardball
    Heck you would of lost your top if you asked for a trade in value for your bike lol. I honestly cannot find a reason to even start shopping for a new bike. My vic is 8yrs old and still out performs 90% of my club brothers newer model Harleys. Looks better, has triple the comfort, and does it all without any headaches or constant upkeep. It absolutely destroyed my dyna doing side by side comparisons. Hence why I just recently sold my dyna. It's really a shame the brand didn't catch more. It was such a superior product to anything on the market.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    I just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth of my recollection of riding a 2015 Chieftain. Nice bike but the roominess of the CCT is superb in comparison.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ForestGiant

ForestGiant Active Member

2014 Victory Cross Country, 97 Honda Valkyrie, 99 Honda Magna
    Have a friend that 2 years ago bought an 18 Scout bobber. Great bike he loves it, but his wife sometimes rides with him. 2 weeks back they they went for the weekend to the Hocking Hill of Ohio. On the way back she told him he needs to get a bigger bike, she want to be comfortable. He is looking at a Springfield Darkhorse 116. Springfield gets rave reviews and he is short enough comfort should be good. I told him the Springfield would be a great choice, but keep the scout also if he can.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1