VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a new Vic owner and new to the VOG I'm interested in hearing from any VOG members who will be coming through Western North Carolina to attend any of our upcoming motorcycle rallys. I live in Maggie Valley, NC which is situated right in the middle of some of the best riding in the east.
There will be the Cherokee Survivor's Rally in Cherokee, NC on Sept 10 & 11. Also the same weekend in Maggie Valley, NC will be the Thunder in the Smokies. The following weekend in Maggie Valley, Sept 16 - 19 is the Fall Rally in the Valley. Even though the Fall Rally in the Valley is put on by the Carolina HD Dealer's Assoc. non-HD's are welcomed at the event and especially in the town.
check the following links for event info:
Thunder in the Smokies
Cherokee Survivors Rally
Fall Rally in the Valley
I own and operate a mom/pop style motel in Maggie Valley and amlocated directly across from the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds which is the location of the 2 rally's in MV. Although I won't be able to provide any lodging as we're booked for both event wknds, I'm hoping to meet some fellow Victory owner's as they pass through for the weekend, or any other time for that matter.
Hopefully you will locate me when you're in town. Let me know if you need any more information on the local area. I have a quite a bit of knowledge of what Western North Carolina has to offer, especially when it comes to motorcyclists.

·
Registered
844 Posts

Welcome to the site.
I wish we were heading to the mountains again this year,butwe havedecided on the outer banks instead. We were in maggie valley last year and checked out wheels through time,what a great museum.We will be going back next year,hope to see you then.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yeah that museum is with out a doubt an amazing collection of history for motorcycles. Next time you roll through Maggie please check me out. Even if it's for a handshake and a quick conversation. Looking forward to it. You can find me at A Holiday Motel ... http://www.holidaymotel.net/

·
Registered
95 Posts
MtnRider said:
Being a new Vic owner and new to the VOG I'm interested in hearing from any VOG members who will be coming through Western North Carolina to attend any of our upcoming motorcycle rallys. I live in Maggie Valley, NC which is situated right in the middle of some of the best riding in the east.
There will be the Cherokee Survivor's Rally in Cherokee, NC on Sept 10 & 11. Also the same weekend in Maggie Valley, NC will be the Thunder in the Smokies. The following weekend in Maggie Valley, Sept 16 - 19 is the Fall Rally in the Valley. Even though the Fall Rally in the Valley is put on by the Carolina HD Dealer's Assoc. non-HD's are welcomed at the event and especially in the town.
check the following links for event info:
Thunder in the Smokies
Cherokee Survivors Rally
Fall Rally in the Valley
I own and operate a mom/pop style motel in Maggie Valley and amlocated directly across from the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds which is the location of the 2 rally's in MV. Although I won't be able to provide any lodging as we're booked for both event wknds, I'm hoping to meet some fellow Victory owner's as they pass through for the weekend, or any other time for that matter.
Hopefully you will locate me when you're in town. Let me know if you need any more information on the local area. I have a quite a bit of knowledge of what Western North Carolina has to offer, especially when it comes to motorcyclists.
I live in NC and I've stayed at you hotel before. I didn't know you were a Victory owner!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just added a Victory Jackpot to my "toy chest" recently, so I'm pretty sure I didn't have it when you had stayed with us. Anyhow, we look forward to seeing you again so next time you come through the valley stop by and say hi.

·
Registered
717 Posts

October 14th-16th I will be in Stecoah, NC for Lobsterfest.
Lobsterfest is put on by a fellow Vic rider out of Florida.
He usually has it at his house during Biketoberfest.
This year he decided to change it and ride the Dragon for a couple of days.
Riders from all over the country will be there.
We are staying at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge and riding out from there.
No registration or anything, just a show up and ride kind of weekend.
Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

purplethunderkp said:
Hi Mtn Rider, I'm coming down Oct 10 Just thought I'd drop a line and say Hi.Here is photo of my Kingpin. Really looking forward to visiting Maggie Valley. Purplethunderkp
I can't wait to have you here for sure. IMO you picked a great week to come to see some foliage too. Should be great riding. Don't forget to bring your cool weather riding gear as we have a lot of rides that take you up in elevation. Also, I meant to mention that you can get some GREAT riding maps either on my website or go directly to AmericaRidesMaps. We also have them for sale at our office at check-in.
See you soon!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THUNDER IN THE SMOKIES bike rally this weekend Sept 10 + 11 in Maggie Valley, NC. If you're coming through town stop by and say hi. I'm right acrossed the street from the event at A Holiday Motel, 3289 Soco Rd. I'm the owner of the motel so come to the office and ask for Rob. Hope to see you!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.