VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the dealer meetings come around i always have this conversation with my dealer.i ask him if he thinks victory will come out with a smaller bike.his answer is always the same.no,it wouldnt be cost effective.so how about some input from everyone here on whyvictory should or shouldnt consider doing this.

· Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·

When i started this thread i called itsmaller victory,the thought of a beginner bikenever entered my mind.
Twelve years ago hd's 1200 sportster was only 140 cc's smaller than there electra glide.Was it a beginner bike then?kawasaki has 2000cc's,triumph has 2297 cc's,so does that makethe vision or cc a beginner bike?Everybodys to hung up on engine size and look at cc's as stepping stones.I think their are plenty of people who just want that small cruiser for around town and victory should consider making one.
The bottom line is that people need to get a bike that they will feel comfortable with,not a bike that others think they should own.

· Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
advntrus said:
Not too long ago I was considering buying my 17 year old son a bike. I've since dropped that idea for a variety of reasons.
While I was considering it though, my thought process was torn and confused. Here it goes.
I want my son on a quality "Starter" bike. I'd like him on an American bike. But the only American starter bike is an HD Sportster! That bike is way over priced for what you get. So I guess I'm back to 'Quality" of the bike? Well hell, that leaves me with just the Japanees bikes. Nothing against the Japanees, but I want to buy American.
S*!T..........I just wish Vic made a starter bike so this wasn't so Fing hard!
Shawn
[/
quote]
Shawn,
What about triumph? 800 cc's for under 8 grand easy.Plenty of history and a damn good bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.