VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the 2010 lineup and it looks like on lots of the models (Vegas, Vegas, Hammer and Kingpin 8-balls) they moved the pegs and bars back like the low was. So did they cancel the Low? If so I'm sure glad I got my 8-Ball in '09 and saved myself the money it would cost to put the pegs and bars back where they should be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
MONKEY666 said:
I was looking at the 2010 lineup and it looks like on lots of the models (Vegas, Vegas, Hammer and Kingpin 8-balls) they moved the pegs and bars back like the low was. So did they cancel the Low? If so I'm sure glad I got my 8-Ball in '09 and saved myself the money it would cost to put the pegs and bars back where they should be.
Did they cancel the Low? Yes? No? Yes? No? Who knows?
Officially I would say they cancelled the Low. Unofficially I would say they cancelled it in name only since they lowered the other models. Now as an option you can by a new shock and stuff to raise it back up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

dsjr70 said:
Now as an option you can by a new shock and stuff to raise it back up...
Did that many people want a low version that it was worth changing all the others? I'm not particularly tall at only 5'11" and I would still like to have my pegs out some more.
Personally, I think the pulled back bars and more upright position looks worse too, unless you're short and really need it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts

We got into this on that 2010 Vegas post and my head is still spinning... So here is the logic behind Victory. Now try to follow along Monkey...
You take your best selling line, the Vegas, with all its different configurations and for the 2010 to improve your product you make them all into "Lows" (which I proudly own) which is the worse selling of the sub-models. Then so nobody notices you eliminate the name "Low"??? It's a great business move to take a product that sells and replace it with one that doesn't?
Sorry for the sarcasm... Andy's "Go Figure" column must be running out of room real quick...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
dsjr70 said:
MONKEY666 said:
Now as an option you can by a new shock and stuff to raise it back up...
We share your all of your frustrations over here.In order to cut some production costs Victory dropped a bunch of models. Instead of the lowering kits we used to sell, we'll be selling lifting kits if anyone buys them. The new accessory catalog lists all the part numbers to convert the 2010 Vegas to a Vegas "Tall".
Here's what Victory has to say about the 2010 Vegas:
"By lowering the seat, we elevated the ride of the 2010 Victory Vegas® Motorcycle - the cruiser motorcycle that helped define Victory® as the next generation of American Motorcycles. For 2010 we lowered the seat 1.3", repositioned the lower controls 2.25" rearward, and installed 2" pullback bars, creating comfortable ergonomics, smooth handling & a long, low, more alluring profile. All powered by a 100-cubic-inch Freedom® V-Twin engine."
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,850 Posts
VforVictory said:
dsjr70 said:
MONKEY666 said:
Now as an option you can by a new shock and stuff to raise it back up...
We share your all of your frustrations over here.In order to cut some production costs Victory dropped a bunch of models. Instead of the lowering kits we used to sell, we'll be selling lifting kits if anyone buys them. The new accessory catalog lists all the part numbers to convert the 2010 Vegas to a Vegas "Tall".
Here's what Victory has to say about the 2010 Vegas:
"By lowering the seat, we elevated the ride of the 2010 Victory Vegas® Motorcycle - the cruiser motorcycle that helped define Victory® as the next generation of American Motorcycles. For 2010 we lowered the seat 1.3", repositioned the lower controls 2.25" rearward, and installed 2" pullback bars, creating comfortable ergonomics, smooth handling & a long, low, more alluring profile. All powered by a 100-cubic-inch Freedom® V-Twin engine."
It's always nice when a Dealer chimes-in to set the record straight.

I have to agree with DSJR70 on this one. Here's the video on the 2009 Vegas Low. From the info reported here, I guess we could use this for the 2010 Vegas...with different colors!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts

Maybe it's just the angle but something about this guy's posture makes me think he could use the "Tall" conversion...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Its only the Vegas that everything is lower or back correct?
the positions look the same on the other models.
Lifting kit?? longer shock and shorter links?

The wife would like a Vegas but... not enough color choices
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
dsjr70 said:
What is the cost on the kit and what is the approximate shop time to install it?
Looks like the shock kit will run $269.99. The footpeg relocation kit will be $49.99. The catalog lists chrome side covers at $99.99 (you could use '09 or older side covers but you'd have to get them painted or get black ones). The handlebars run $160.51. I have a feeling that used or "take-off" parts should be easy to come by. We have most of these parts in our used inventory. The part number on the shock kit is a new number, but we'll have to see if the stock shock off an '09 is the same thing. As far as installation goes, our service manager just gave me a ballpark of 3.5-4 hours shop time. Depending on labor rates and if you were to use all new parts, you'd be looking at $800-900. I don't know about other dealers out there, but if someone were to purchase a 2010 Vegas and request the "Tall" conversion, we would only add the cost of the parts into the deal and the labor gets written off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts

It funny if you think about it...
They are selling the last years bike, the Low, that cost more retail then the Standard for less money now and if you want a standard it is going to be higher pricedthen last years Low?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top