VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...I am in turmoil about slip ons and my 2016 victory vegas...I just want some rumble and looks nice but I'm not finding anything that will work ...for example I really like the Thor and some slip one for the octane but not for the vegas...help I need some direction on slip ons..and I don't really want to have to remap...any ideas?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Take a look at RPW.... Great sound.... Chrome or black ceramic.... Good people to work with.... I did a disconnect of the 02 sensors, had the Victory Stage 1 Flash done and the tech at Victory said all is good.... I bought the "Slip On Slash" version....

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
I went with Bassani 2 into 1...suggested by KEVINX....says his dyno shows they work the best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went with a set of Rush slip ons. They come in black and chrome with a few different tip selections. You will also have the ability to chose the baffle size you want, depending on how loud you want to go. I stuck with the 2" diameter baffle (quietest) and like the sound. I did not want it to be obnoxious at cruising speed but get a deep tone at idle and good sound during acceleration. I was not planning to do performance upgrades on this bike right away so I was not concerned with which pipes created the most HP. You can also change out the baffles if the sound does not meet your expectations. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I went with Bassani 2 into 1...suggested by KEVINX....says his dyno shows they work the best.
Saturday, I was at the dealer in Chattanooga and another man on a gunner had the Bassani 2-1. It was quiet UNTIL he pulled out and man o man did it sound alive!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

But I think the chrome really slowed him down LOL!

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
Saturday, I was at the dealer in Chattanooga and another man on a gunner had the Bassani 2-1. It was quiet UNTIL he pulled out and man o man did it sound alive!

View attachment 210113

But I think the chrome really slowed him down LOL!
Me to, got mine in BLACK....LOVE the sound!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with a set of Rush slip ons. They come in black and chrome with a few different tip selections. You will also have the ability to chose the baffle size you want, depending on how loud you want to go. I stuck with the 2" diameter baffle (quietest) and like the sound. I did not want it to be obnoxious at cruising speed but get a deep tone at idle and good sound during acceleration. I was not planning to do performance upgrades on this bike right away so I was not concerned with which pipes created the most HP. You can also change out the baffles if the sound does not meet your expectations. Good luck with your decision.
Do you need to remap PCM with those slip ons ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you need to remap PCM with those slip ons ?
I did not remap and do not have any issues so far. Put around 500 miles on the bike since install. On a very hard deceleration I have heard a slight pop but nothing that concerns me. I plan on bypassing the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did u have trouble slipping them on I'm having a hard time getting them on

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Did u have any trouble slipping them on cause I am having a very hard time getting them on ugh!
You may have to tap them on with a rubber mallet. Line it up and make sure your over the head pipe and give them a tap

·
Registered
12 Posts
They are a very tight fit. Just be sure the clamps are loose and use a rubber mallet to tap on. Once mine started on I would wiggle them to slightly loosen the joint. I use a rubber dead blow to tap mine. Hope you like them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.