VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please make this a gif, and share it, so I can post it every time an ad or comment about this monstrosity shows up on my feed.
Great handling huh??? There' more out there. Maybe the fire video to!!!
I predict this decades "Unsafe at Any Speed"

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or this...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I seen one in a pack of MC's about 30 min ago. He was riding in the middle thought it kinda silly, wouldn't that be better bringing up the rear....

·
Registered
655 Posts
Trikes were banned for sale many years ago when the ATV craze first hit! severe tip over risk! Kids tricycles haven't been sold in years for the same reason! That's when the "Big Wheel" was invented, solved the tip over problem and little kits had a ball riding then, now you just couldn't steer them. Why would anyone now think that the law of physics has changed any?
But I guess it is like those in the west that build their homes on the side of a mountain, in rains and no one can figure out where mud slides come from. Or maybe in the mountains where there are constant forest fires, but heck the house came with it's own garden hose ! Maybe they could live next to a river but make sure the area you choose is in an area where the ground level is BELOW the water level. Or people decide to go for a drink or two, drive there and back many times until OPPS ! . There are the pop-a-wheely (spelling) in traffic cause I have done it before, race the yellow traffic light, etc. etc. !
We've all done - and will do STUPID stuff. I just wish those that do would stop asking others to bail out their poor judgements. Or worse suing others to try and fix STUPID.
Trikes are OK if used as designed, but who wants to drive everywhere at 30% below the speed limit, My personal belief is a motorcycle and side car are much safer, If of course you have proper education on how to operate it. Just type in Isle of Man and watch how fast they can go. Never seen anyone race a Trike! Just a stupid piece of engineering. Learn by others and your own mistakes! Just MY opinion Jerry

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
They do handle great but there are limits to everything. I driven a couple and they are fun as hell to drive. I did a couple 15MPH marked corners at 60MPH and it had no problem with it.

It is lacking on HP though, need to be at least 300HP.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Oh man. Did he really think he was going to make that? No way in Hell was he going to make that. Not in that POS.

·
Registered
731 Posts
They do handle great but there are limits to everything. I driven a couple and they are fun as hell to drive. I did a couple 15MPH marked corners at 60MPH and it had no problem with it.

It is lacking on HP though, need to be at least 300HP.
I agree with everything spamaster said. We have a Slingshot in the garage with our three Victory's. While the Sling is definitely not a bike, it is a ton of fun. I've never been the least bit worried about a roll over. The thing sits so close to the ground, you'd really have to try hard. Personally I wouldn't call it a trike either. Maybe a three wheeled go cart?

Reactions: lou8700 and poptop

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Well the Spyder and Slingshot aren't trikes. Trikes have one FRONT wheel.

With 7 computers on board the Spyder to keep it stable, I wonder how well it would do in a slalom course that the Slingshot rolled on?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Someone please make this a gif, and share it, so I can post it every time an ad or comment about this monstrosity shows up on my feed.
Great handling huh??? There' more out there. Maybe the fire video to!!!
I predict this decades "Unsafe at Any Speed"
Yes, it does handle great. I don't know what the driver did to get that thing to flip. We've had 2 demos I personally put through the ringer and I never experienced anything close to what I see here.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Yes, it does handle great. I don't know what the driver did to get that thing to flip. We've had 2 demos I personally put through the ringer and I never experienced anything close to what I see here.
I have something of a theory. First, he came in way too hot and chose the wrong line to enter that first corner. Instead of attacking more directly, he snapped the thing into it, causing him to lose traction and push out wide on exit. The vehicle never got settled, and he wasn't very smooth on the transition, snapping the wheel violently to get it to the next apex. It was over at that point. I also think the rear tire was very worn, so he had no grip back there to handle the violent maneuvering he was attempting. These get abused horribly, with everyone that tests them doing huge burnouts etc. which just destroys the tire.

This is not a race car; it's a half-assed gokart. You are not going to get away with stuff like that, as we obviously saw.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I don't know, never liked these sling****s, they look goofy, and I like 2 wheels.... Side cars, well I know a guy who rides with a side are, and that thing would be in the air on left turns, his bike, so be it... I hate being behind trikes that can't make a 45mph corner at 45 mph, somewhere around 30 is what I find some of the whales doing..

·
Registered
731 Posts
Photograph Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Well it makes me feel a lot better, that at least Polaris isn't playing stupid anymore. They even admit (brag about) it in the latest advert they sent out/ "It's not a motorcycle"

• Haha
Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I've personally seen that you can do the same thing with a Jeep or a motorcycle.

Darwinism.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I think you can turn off the traction/stability control like you can on most cars?

Makes it more fun, but more dangerous with these....

In any case a potentially fun niche vehicle, but way over priced for what they are

when I can pick one up for 6 to 7 grand maybe I'll get one for a season

• Angry
Reactions: Poseidon

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Rider error nothing more ! Know your limits and stay back from the edge unless you are prepared for the consequences!
Nothing wrong with pushing limits but this fellow was not ready to make as big a step!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.