VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend in Luray VA and bombed up and down Skyline Dr and some surrounding roads for 3 days. WOW is about all I have. If you haven't gone you should.......

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Blue Ridge Parkway and The Skyline Drive are well worth riding.

Just don't exceed the posted speed limits (35mph on the Skyline). The Feds will show no mercy and throw The Book at you.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Skyline Dr. is great. I rode it 2 years ago.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Blue Ridge Parkway and The Skyline Drive are well worth riding.

Just don't exceed the posted speed limits (35mph on the Skyline). The Feds will show no mercy and throw The Book at you.
I rode it pretty fast, nothing too crazy. Very little presence. I imagine as the weather heats up and more traffic there will be more cops.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Luray is about 30-40 minutes from me. Wish we'd known you were in the area... Poseidon ad I hooked up where the BRP and Skyline drive meet on Saturday. We could have caught up...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Doing Skyline Drive and BRP in June then heading to western Kentucky to do the Bourbon trail. Figuring just short of 2000 miles for the trip. Should be a fun ride.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lots of Black Bears along the Skyline Dr.
I saw 5 one day along it.
I prefer the BRP and the Cherohala Skyway, myself

·
Registered
593 Posts
I live near Skyline Drive but haven't been up on the bike in years. WAY too many roads nearby that are far more fun that don't cost $$ to ride. Also... 35MPH bores the hell out of me and cops love that road.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Early morning and early evening you might, might see some Black bears. Been riding Skyline and BRP for 20 years and can count on one hand the number of bears I have seen... There was this Dirt bike on teh BRP that flew across the road thru our group last years.... yes this did happen.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lots of Black Bears along the Skyline Dr.
I saw 5 one day along it.
I prefer the BRP and the Cherohala Skyway, myself
We saw 3 black bears. Pretty cool. 1st 5 minutes of riding out there I had 3 deer run right in front of me. Thankfully doing speed limit and was able to brake. Saw about 10 throughout the 3 days of riding....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I ride it free, just have to show them my Senior Pass card.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Living in luray and working on the skyline has its advantages...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.