VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, first I apologize to everyone cause I know this is on here. I just can't find it. Can the antenna be located under the fairing and does it have to be attached to a metal plate? Thanks, gm.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Have you bought the radio kit yet? I had my Sirius antenna disk velcro'd on the top of the vinyl dashboard of my Silverado. Worked just fine. SiriusXM is a radio signal and will pass easily thru plastic so my contention is you will have a working radio.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Should be OK, though it might work better in open air. I don't think you would need a ground plane or anything, so it doesn't have to be on metal. As an example, the XM antenna on my Triumph is mounted nicely on top of what one might consider the dash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THanks. I will give this a try and report back. Right now, I need some help programming the radio, so....later. gm

·
Registered
131 Posts
When I had my XCT I tried it under the windshield and on the truck. It would always cut out when we were in wooded areas the trees would block the signal depending on the was were traveling. I finally just used my phone Sirius/XM app and it soooo much better almost never cuts out at all and when it does, its usually in the middle of no where where cell reception is also bad.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
IF,,,,,,you are still buying stuff I have a Carpro bluetooth that will plug into the cable in left cubby hole on your bike, then you can just stream it from your phone app as mentioned above. No need for a additional subscription for your bike, unless you plan on moving the head unit from vehicle to vehicle. Installing a yankphan unit so I no longer need it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Maybe the puck get better reception when connected to metal, I use the Cool Stream Duo and it works great to connect to the phone and stream music or Sirius or Google Map directions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.