VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it happened. I sold my 12 CCT for $13,650 - I was not in a hurry and waited for someone who would appreciate all the extras and attention poured into her after 10 joyful owner years. I may be hanging up my spurs after 50 years of riding nearly 1,000,000 street miles. I may get a small something to tinker with as motorcycling has been a big part of my lifestyle. Yet to be determined. And YES, sold without the trunk as Bagger riders don't really care, reference street glides, etc. So you can wait out the Low ballers for a decent price.
Wifey and I just returned from a 2 week trip to France and Italy and we were amazed how big scooters out number motorcycles there! They really ride wildly and split lanes with abandon around other vehicles with little regard to wearing protective gear. It was an eye opening experience. They also park with cars all over the sidewalks!! Talk about crowded!
Thanks for the memories and help when I needed it, as I also did for others. I do have some extras floating around that I may post for sale like a nice set of unmolested OEM stock mufflers, etc.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
@SemperVee Congratulations on moving into your next life’s chapter

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brad... :^)

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Congratulations on your sale and enjoy whatever it is ya'll decide to do.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Best of luck on the next leg of your journey!

Reactions: SemperVee

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Best wishes for your next chapter, and getting a great price on your CCT. I have known about Europe ( except maybe England ) liking the scooters, but did not realize they rode like crazed fools. There are some really great ones that are a blast to ride, but seldom see our shores due to perception. I almost pulled the trigger on adding a Kymco AK 550 that has great riding characteristics. But I backed off as they have plans on bringing the AK 550st to our shores which will have cruise control, advanced traction control, and an electric windshield added.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well done on the sale. Excellent price.
Hope you enjoy the next phase of your journey.
I have always enjoyed changing hobbies and learning an entire new field.
Good luck.
Thank you Paul. You have been quite a force of learning with your video input within our little community. Good on ya & continued success.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations to you @SemperVee! No need to sign off as you’re certainly welcome around here.

Semper Fi brother,

Mark
Thanks Mark! URUH!. Who knows, I might have a little Guzzi/little bike to tinker with one of these days if something from the universe presents itself.

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Best wishes for your next chapter, and getting a great price on your CCT. I have known about Europe ( except maybe England ) liking the scooters, but did not realize they rode like crazed fools. There are some really great ones that are a blast to ride, but seldom see our shores due to perception. I almost pulled the trigger on adding a Kymco AK 550 that has great riding characteristics. But I backed off as they have plans on bringing the AK 550st to our shores which will have cruise control, advanced traction control, and an electric windshield added.
Thnk you FG, We had 2 Kymco's, both of which were a blast to ride if you can re educate your feet to stay still (as a Motorcycle rider - lol) We loved our Kymco Xtown City 300 as it was a fwy flyer!

Reactions: ForestGiant

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You did well it seems. That money could almost get you two Visions.... Which is extremely sad.
I agree and it makes no sense that such a fabulous version is inexpensively rated so low. I have the financial ability to decide I would let it sit as a garage queen rather than give it away for very little.

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
Good post! Good luck on your next adventures. There is life after motorcycles, just a little slower. But I have posted before, the memories and adventures on two wheels are a large part of who we are. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good post! Good luck on your next adventures. There is life after motorcycles, just a little slower. But I have posted before, the memories and adventures on two wheels are a large part of who we are. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Tis true it is slower *and something that has helped my transition is our ebike excursions! My motorcycle mechanic ability is coming into play with owning a set of ebikes that we both enjoy riding and farkling.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Congrats @SemperVee on the Vision sale, well done! Best wishes to you and Wifey as you move into your next phase.

Have fun,
Smokier

1 - 18 of 18 Posts