VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts

hehe, like a fish in an tank on the road. What an experience!
Ok, I guess this makes for a 3 person vehicle, and the bike can be used seperately, but still...
If you want a closed bike, but still get some tilting action: CARVER all the way! And probably less expensive than this combo. How much do you think a side car like that goes for?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
The front could be a little more "Vision Like"
It does look like the roof comes off with clips, so maybe you can run it both ways.
Heck if this is the only way to get momma into riding, then so be it.
(Not my cup of tea either)

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'd give an A+ for execution, but agree with Monkey- there's just something sick and wrong with building something like that for your toy poodle(s)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

That would actually might work for taking my handicap daughter riding with me. She always says ..."Daddy I want to go riding with you".....but sadly I have to turn her down.....with her Cerebral Palsey...she does not have enough muscle control to hold herself upright in a seated position without some sort of help and support.
I wonder if a rack of some sort can be fabricated to hold her wheelchair too.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

My friend Bill Bonez carries his service dog like this.
Where there is a will there is a way as far as transporting a passenger bungies and velcro can do the job

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I have been asked a couple of times where I got my Sidecar.. Well, this is not mine, but something that I found on another site.. I just thought that it was quite a site to see and thought that it might e something some members here might like to feast their eyes on...
I can see the applications for some poeple that this could be a benefit. A family member that has somekind ofsomething that won't allow them to sit up right on the back of a bike. Maybe instead of a trailer?
But here is the site for the company thatmakes them..
http://www.hannigansidecar.com/content/home.html

·
Registered
457 Posts
NOEMTZ said:
That would actually might work for taking my handicap daughter riding with me. She always says ..."Daddy I want to go riding with you".....but sadly I have to turn her down.....with her Cerebral Palsey...she does not have enough muscle control to hold herself upright in a seated position without some sort of help and support.
I wonder if a rack of some sort can be fabricated to hold her wheelchair too.
There was an OCC episode where they fabricated something like that. But that was on a trike. Nevertheless, I'm sure it can be done. Wheelchairs fold flat and there's plenty of room on the back of a side-car to mount a rack to attach it on.
Would you buy her the closed one though? I feel it kinda takes away from the motorcycle experience. You'd want to give her something as close as possible to what you can experience on a passenger seat.
I'd almost feel claustrophic in that little bubble, you could just as well take the car then.
Anyway, it's a great idea! I'd say, go for it. It can make for a pleasant day out, something different from the usual. I know that where I live there's a motorcycle rally once a year for kids with handicaps (or illness). All of the motorcycling participants feature sidecars (so mostly goldwings then) and it's a blast for everyone involved. Kids have a great day, bikers have a great day, and I've never seen so many sidecars in one place :)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I think its very cool its probably just a plastic shell. I have seen vespa's with sidecars before.
The one think that disapoints me very much though. This guy obviously has some considerable time into this project right? He couldnt paint his helmet to match??? uughhhh!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.