Side Bag Gap at Seat | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Side Bag Gap at Seat

Discussion in 'Victory Vision' started by gandalf, Dec 15, 2009.

1. gandalf

gandalf New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2008 Victory Vision Tour Premium
    I am a new owner of an 08 Tour PremiumVision new leftover in the crate. I traded in my 07 HD Ultra...... My question, and perhaps it has been addressed before, so if I can get any info I would appreciate it, ...I have a gap where the front edge of the side bag covers meet up with the seat. Is there an adjustment that can, at least lessen the gap?
    Thanks in advance, and C'mon Springtime!
    Gandalf

2. Clubford00

Clubford00 Active Member

16 Victory Vision Tour Premium
    gandalf, there was something on this quite a while ago. i believe the way it was remedied was by using a dremel tool and relive the hinge inside the bag to allow it to close more. There are pictures somewhere.

3. NewZealandVision

NewZealandVision New Member

I love my Vision and love thats it's made in the USA, however you can tell it's not made by the germans or the japs when you look at the pannel fits!

My bike had a gap on one side and was touching the seat on the other - I thought it was the pannier covers but after lots of measuring I worked out it was the subframe that carries the panniers - take your seat off and you'll see what I mean.

I slotted the 4 mounting bolt holes on the pannier subframe and moved the whole lot over 4mm to even it up otherwise it was eventually going to wear a hole in the seat.

4. bubba

bubba Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    Can you show a picture of this?
    I remember reading about someone doing something to the hinges to fix this. Thanks

5. Thumper

Thumper Member

It is fairly common to havea right or left bagwith a gap or really tight against the seat.It is not unusualto see apretty goodgap on thebottom (or upper )corner ofeither bag.The bottom bag hinges (thenut) often hits against the insideof the interior bagbeforebag completely closes.Additionally, the rubber weather strip(s) couldbe too thick to allow the bag toclose properly.I took a dremel tool to the inside of my bag ( where the hinge nut was hitting - you can see the mark if you look for it) and,low and behold, the bag closedas it should! It took less than 2 minutes. By the way, itappeared to taketwo or three days for the metal tension in thelower bag hinges to "relieve" themselves but they didandmy bagslids fitGREAT.Click on this the following link to see a youtube video onrealigningthe Vision Saddle Bag lids. By the way, there is another Vision site with tons ofinfo (and things they tried)using to fix their bags.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFs0AL3z2vs

6. gandalf

gandalf New Member

2008 Victory Vision Tour Premium

I just want to say that this site, and fellow Victory motorcylists specifically, is not just a greatsite full of info, but it's the people that make itand are very helpful. This in comparison to a previous brand tends to make the 2nd American Motorcycle one to be taken seriously, as it is American design WITH American current TECHNOLOGY and the other Retro OLD schoolAmerican motorcycle is going to see, I'd say rapidly in 2010, that Victory is serious competition! I traded in a 2007 HD Ultra for my 08 Vision and I'm not lookin back....... Thanks to those that responded, it is greatly appreciated. I think this Spring, with the sales of the Cross Country & Cross Roads, we'll see the HD take notice to more $ value, to every $ spent and the $$ will be going to Victory!!
    Gandalf

7. vbbuilt

vbbuilt Member

8. Hox

Hox Member

Hey New Zealand... Victoria BC Canada calling... if you still have the Vision could you take a couple of pics of what you did and send them along... thanks,,. Hox