VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to remove side badge light, change bulb? Or is it a contained unit costing big bucks?

·
Super Moderator
26,122 Posts
It's a led inside. I don't recall anybody changing just the led out. Seems they were always looking for the entire piece. They used to be hard to find so now I'm sure they are real hard to find.

If mine go out I doubt I'll mess with them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, might ignore it, I knew I would be seeing a lot of little things wrong with this 09 Vision at the price I paid.. It might be one of the things I'll take care of this winter when I do a repaint..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible to separate and wire without removing from the swoosh?
I just took mine apart and bought a couple of small leds. I separated it between the chrome and black base by prying it apart carefully. The original led light is unique flat thing i never saw before that i pried it out. I then siliconed in the leds. It's now brighter than the other side.

·
Super Moderator
26,122 Posts
I just took mine apart and bought a couple of small leds. I separated it between the chrome and black base by prying it apart carefully. The original led light is unique flat thing i never saw before that i pried it out. I then siliconed in the leds. It's now brighter than the other side.
Was it easy enough you would do it again if needed?

My luck I'd crack the housing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I took the whole side piece off kind of a pain in the ass, but I did it when I was changing the battery and replacing the swoosh to chrome, and the horse color to chrome, so I decided to fix both lights to. Used some LEDs from auto zone spliced them into the factory plug in. I took the whole piece apart and then carefully glued them back together

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the whole side piece off kind of a pain in the ass, but I did it when I was changing the battery and replacing the swoosh to chrome, and the horse color to chrome, so I decided to fix both lights to. Used some LEDs from auto zone spliced them into the factory plug in. I took the whole piece apart and then carefully glued them back together
I might just wait for winter paint job to do them then, bought this beast for 4K, has 66K on it, knew it would have all this little stuff to do, paint is a little faded, headlight a little hazed, was missing a left air dam, and needs some new front brake rotors, but was in pretty good running order, good rubber.. So far have done a thrush mod, new belt, Loydz tuner, plugs, wires, and loydz filter.. I like doing work on em, and the price was right...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.