2,908 Posts
Nikon D7000
Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC
f/2.8 @ 195mm
1/1000s shutter

Reactions: dmeyer

· Registered
72 Posts
Haven't been back here for a while so I figured it was about time to do an update on my VOG dog 'Kipper'. He's still doing the miles with me and the Victory XC is working well for the purpose.

Ignore the bungee cords. They just hold the light stuff like his sleeping mat and fold-up shelter, plus a few clothes for me. The crate is held on with two bolts at the rack and two cam-buckle straps on the pannier mounting lugs.

Not sure what people think when they get overtaken by a dog!

Crate has some EVA foam for insulation and crash protection inside. It's just big enough for him to spin around and sick his head up. He can curl up, but never does that on the move, just when stopped for any time.

He's a true VOG dog and gets pretty excited when we gear up for a ride. See you Aussies on the road sometime.

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Haven't been back here for a while so I figured it was about time to do an update on my VOG dog 'Kipper'. He's still doing the miles with me and the Victory XC is working well for the purpose.

Ignore the bungee cords. They just hold the light stuff like his sleeping mat and fold-up shelter, plus a few clothes for me. The crate is held on with two bolts at the rack and two cam-buckle straps on the pannier mounting lugs.

Not sure what people think when they get overtaken by a dog!

Crate has some EVA foam for insulation and crash protection inside. It's just big enough for him to spin around and sick his head up. He can curl up, but never does that on the move, just when stopped for any time.

He's a true VOG dog and gets pretty excited when we gear up for a ride. See you Aussies on the road sometime.
Nice design. My last big dog, Max the Boerboel, wanted to go with me, but couldn't figure out tha cage.

Too funny, if the bike was on the sidewalk Maximus would sit next to it facing forward.

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
our old girl passed from lung cancer last wee so space opened in are hearts ad beds ....and the new edition Frankie (another rescue) came to us View attachment 7845
a sweet young girl (with no training or manors)
Love me some APBT, but since the wife and I both work, we decided on large, but loves to nap, like the BB Mastiffs we now own.
My last pit was a 96lb boy named Trooper. Absolute angel with my daughter:
Organism Comfort Tints and shades Wood Flooring

He is only 50lb or so in the pic, but even then he was her best buddy.
She is married, and lives up north in Saskatchewan, he is long gone, but not forgotten.

· Banned
9,426 Posts
i love all dogs, now we have a pit/mastiff x - a corgy x - an the new girl (she is tiny, like 30lbs so i think she is a staffy) ...no more Chiwawa's tho... they are too ez for the coyotes to pick off :(
...my fave "Sonny Boy Brown is 110lbs of yellow eyed love and seems to be smarter than the GF lol

· Registered
853 Posts
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Grass

Our American Bulldog Kaia getting owned by her new little friend Emma. Our Bulldog is so unbelievably patient with the little one almost as if it were her own.

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Pure English Staffy.
Unfortunately about 6 hours after I posted this photo I had to put poor Cougar to sleep.
Poor Bugger had a tumour that got the better of him. Been a sad week.
Had an English SBT once, but lived alone and worked so much I rehomed him with a kid that ran a one man service truck (hvac?)
Anyhoot, Buster got to live a long comfy life in the passenger seat. I'll post a pic later

Reactions: jeffspicoli

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
New pup arrived Thursday nite. Blue/Fawn Brindle BoerBoel Male. 13.6 lb at week 6, his now 150lb sire was 10.7 at 6 weeks.

Name is Gunner:
Dog Vertebrate Comfort Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Grass

241 - 260 of 288 Posts