VOG Forum banner

Show Us Your VOG Dog Photos

56809 287
Hey Dog lovers, let's use this thread to show us your best photos of your VOG Dog. I'll kick it off with my favorite photo of my German Shepherd Lucky. Unmodified Version:
Modified in Picasa:
221 - 240 of 288 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts

Can't believe I haven't posted to this thread....
Here's Jason, he's my lil fury brother. I rescued him 8 years ago he's my best friend and companion...Jason's Pit/Akita mix...

Stealing the blankets....

Doing what he does...

He likes to play tug-o-war with that monkey, and now he'll grab it, I'll lay on my stomach on the floor, and he pulls me around the tile...My girlfriend came down stairs to me laughing like an idiot, and just laughed herself and shook her head...
Jason's lil buddy, Chico...Chihuahua mix...rescued him 7 years ago...He's a ladies man...Him catching rays...

And finally, my stepdawg, Javier...He cracks me up...Javier is a Min Pin...

· Registered
2,495 Posts

Ozzy, been part of the family for 11 yrs. Red nose pit. He was the runt of the litter, now 115lbs. Not a meen bone in his body, but very protective.

· Registered
131 Posts

Dukie was in a pound when I found him, had mange, Immune system deficiency,
runt of the litter and abandoned. A volunteer at the pound nursed him back to
health TWICE... After getting him healthy and adopted once, the family brought him
back in worse shape than the 1st time he was there. He wouldn't bond with their
kids so they neglected him. So when I saw him, he was so ugly and sad looking I
knew I was taking him home. Because he was so sick (had vet appointments still
to go to and medicated baths daily, the pound didn't want to let him go. I said the
dog officer in the town knew me, call her, tell her I want to take this dog home today.
So they did and to wrap up my story, I took the dog home that day, promising the
volunteer who nursed him back to health twice and saved him from being put down,
that I would bring him back in 3 months to let her see how he was doing. Well, she
cried when she saw him, couldn't believe it was the same pup. Now every year I get
an invitation to the Friends of Scituate Animal Rescue benefit. Maybe I should say
Dukie gets the inviitation.

· Registered
1,361 Posts

Not my dog, but I thought it was funny enough to post.

· Registered
996 Posts
After having to put our other two dogs down, in a span of two weeks, someone thought we needed to recuse these two little puff balls. They are nothing but lovers. Sophie & Sunflower. Yes they really are dogs just in a smaller package.

· Registered
78 Posts
Here's our two boys. Tater and Tot. (Tater on the right). They are long hair doxies. They came from a closed down puppy mill and on death row down in California. They were rescued by an organization in Seattle and we adopted them 4 years ago when they were 14 weeks old. They were put in time-out in this picture for running to the fence and barking at the neighbor's dogs.

Attachments

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Very soon we get a replacement for Maximus Prime who passed some time ago.
Water Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore

We were watching rescues for an aggressive Boerboel male who came from folks who didn't know how to handle him, but the non-professionals involved in rescue are more interested in size of donation than the home & Handlers, so it has been a long wait.

My wife and I are at a point where we do not pay for dogs, either from Mills, or would be private "Rescue" organizations. Although, we do donate to those rescuers we think care more for dogs than money.

A friend that rescues came across a few pups and suggested one might come our way, since he cannot spend the time needed to train it correctly. We will know in the next few weeks.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Chair Companion dog

Reactions: phoenix9

· Administrator
2,908 Posts

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts

My Pit, Babe with her big ole butt in the cat bed. She's vicious too, stay back!!!
Beauty. When I retire I will go back to rescuing Pits, but unfortunately they are wayyyy too smart to leave alone for 6-8 hours a day. For now, big dumb lazy Mastiffs will have to do.
Dog Carnivore Fawn Companion dog Dog breed

My last pit, 18 yrs ago guarding his best friend. Same thing every day at nap time. Either she laid against him as a pillow or he hovered over her.
Organism Comfort Tints and shades Wood Flooring

· Registered
475 Posts
Awesome brother, I'd have a dozen of em if I could, that's just not really a fair scenario for me or the dogs though. I do passionately love the breed though.
Babe guards the master bed in our home with her life daily, she's a good girl, I've never came home to an issue with her here and she's loose in our home all day.

221 - 240 of 288 Posts