VOG Forum banner

Show us a picture from your ride this weekend

264611 Views 3391 Replies 293 Participants Last post by  KiwiPete
Just a few minutes from home between Boulder and Denver. I was riding north to a little town called Longmont.

Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape Plant
Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape Tree
61 - 80 of 3392 Posts

· Registered
1,513 Posts
One of the great things about AZ. 2 hours north of Phx...all the snow you want. Just sayin.
well if things don't work out with my girl I'm moving in with you... my niece lives in phx so I could hang with her now and then..

· Registered
404 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Sky Mountain Plant Plant community Hat
My longest ride yet since getting my bike in January. 380 miles! My trip started from Maricopa to Payson, Show Low, Globe and back home to Maricopa. I took the liberty to join 2 gentleman that were both riding xctours on my way to Payson. I'm planning on going to Mt lemon in Tucson tomorrow.

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Cloud Sky Mountain Natural environment Natural landscape

Home...

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
It's been so dry here along the Front Range. March typically holds our greatest monthly snow tally, but this year no such thing. Like many parts of the country, March here has such dynamic and volatile weather, ever changing between the extremes.

Being as most of our water comes from snowmelt, we welcome snow in the high country this time of year, while enjoying warmer temps down below.

I took a day off yesterday to ride around, but have not yet ventured "up". There is still a lot of snow up there, and temps drop very quickly. This coming weekend is supposedly going to host temps in the low 80's. Woo hoo! (Will probably snow next week)

I'm selfishly enjoying the pics and posts. Keep 'em coming!

Reactions: VitaliMagnum

· Registered
404 Posts
250 miles today. Mt Lemmon Arizona. I was surprised at what a nice scenic drive it was. It's crazy how it was 95 degrees in Tucson but going up 5000ft up in elevation brings the temps down to high 60s.
Sky Glasses Mountain Goggles Travel

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

· Registered
1999 V92C & 2009 VISION
1,592 Posts
Just finished cleaning up from doin' an oil change on the Vision after today's ride-rode Ol' Blue yesterday running errands & today it was her turn. Gave the tank a heavy dose of BG44K to clean up the insides and took off up S. St. Vrain Canyon & rode the Peak to Peak Hwy to Black Hawk & played some poker. Saw a pack of guys surfing down the canyon on skateboards-they were flyin'-very little traffic. Only played a few hands-held a pair of threes & ended up with four of a kind, doubled my stakes and figured it wasn't going to get much better than that so I finished my coffee & cashed out. Bought lunch in Lyons with my winnings-the beer seemed a bit sweeter knowing it was free. Then back to the Pondarosa for fresh oil & soaking up some of the 78 degree weather on the last weekend of winter.

· Registered
9,807 Posts
It was worth it for the burger, the ride and the company.
I'm still wondering what the "whole hog" looked like. But, I would be afraid to order it after having the "small" burger. Damn!!

61 - 80 of 3392 Posts