VOG Forum banner
721 - 740 of 3392 Posts

· Registered
2,961 Posts
well, postponed it as long as i could but its time for the 40 minute ride on this beast to the hibernation location. no complaints here as it's been a fantastic year but i'll be ecstatic when April rolls around,,, :shout1: bring on the global warming :rollfinger::toetap::whistle:
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: FoFo and Poseidon

· Premium Member
14,558 Posts
The wife and I will be heading to the Keys Sunday, I'll be sure to get plenty of pics of the Orange Beast with that turquoise water behind it ! Everyone have a Merry Christmas !
Just a suggestion:
Take sunset cruise on JOLLY ROVER SCHOONER...Owner Bill is a class act and very humble. One thing he does with money is take Boy Scouts out to teach sailing....Tell Bill Dean from Michigan says HI and see him March 2018 :icon_thumleft: (it's located in front of Conch Restaurant)

Reactions: VitaliMagnum

· Registered
5,651 Posts
Map World Line Parallel Atlas
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Sky Land vehicle Tire
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
I had a 360 mile ride today. (My wife let me off the hook from doing Christmas stuff because I was a good boy this week.)
The temp got as low as 51 and peaked at 62, five miles from home. I rode east on I-10 and went north to Joshua Tree state park. (Beautiful desert riding with twisties.) Then 29 Palms, ( This town only had one gas station that I could tell and maybe only 9 Palms.) But it was bigger than Amboy on historic Route 66. (The two pictures in the middle are from downtown Amboy.) No gas station. The ride west on old Route 66 was smooth, and I had the whole road to myself as far as I could see in both directions. It's kind of humbling to be out there all alone just me and the rumble of the bike. I rode old 66 until it crossed the I-40 going west and rode into Barstow for a late lunch before heading home. A really good day.

· Premium Member
14,558 Posts

· Premium Member
14,558 Posts

· Registered
5,651 Posts
Ecoregion World Map Product Font
Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Plant
Wood Floor Flooring Event Hardwood
Food Table Tableware Ingredient Plate
Window Plant Door Tree Sky
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Fuel tank
Tire Sky Plant Wheel Cloud
I know you guys in the east and north are having a tough time. So us west coast guys will continue to do the heavy lifting on this thread until you thaw out. Here is my ride today: I rode the Angeles Crest Hwy. Interesting stop along the way. I had to get a pic of the gift wrapped motorcycle. Beautiful day. The road was smooth and clean with very little traffic. The temp dipped down to the low 60s when I got to the shady side of the mountains. It was one of those days that was so good I had to start planning to return and take some folks with me.

· Premium Member
14,558 Posts
View attachment 401065 View attachment 401057 View attachment 401049 View attachment 401041 View attachment 401033 View attachment 401025 View attachment 401017 View attachment 401009 I know you guys in the east and north are having a tough time. So us west coast guys will continue to do the heavy lifting on this thread until you thaw out. Here is my ride today: I rode the Angeles Crest Hwy. Interesting stop along the way. I had to get a pic of the gift wrapped motorcycle. Beautiful day. The road was smooth and clean with very little traffic. The temp dipped down to the low 60s when I got to the shady side of the mountains. It was one of those days that was so good I had to start planning to return and take some folks with me.
RE PIC #1....send video doing the "drifting" you did before pic :badgrin: (what rear tire do you have....and how many miles do you get:rofl3:)

• Haha
Reactions: NY mike and Bujee1

· Registered
2,961 Posts
awesome pics guys , keep em comin ! between the pics on this thread and videos like the posted one on here it surely helps take the edge off cabin fever for those of us that are snowed in. and having a victory sitting on the sidelines makes it even tougher than before, apparently more miles = greater addiction :ride:. 20 minutes on the treadmill goes by like nothing when your watching something like this :sbike1:

· Registered
5,651 Posts
RE PIC #1....send video doing the "drifting" you did before pic :badgrin: (what rear tire do you have....and how many miles do you get:rofl3:)
Uh drifting? Yeah, that was me. Yeah, right.
I am way too cheap to spin a tire. But nice pic,huh?

• Haha
Reactions: mister-g
721 - 740 of 3392 Posts