VOG Forum banner
21 - 40 of 3391 Posts

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Well its rideing but maybe not the bike!
Wish it was here though

Was out on a friends fury for a few runs up the coast of Nayarit was great but my Victory is way up north.
Horse Plant Tire Wheel Working animal

Reactions: Grits

· Registered
3,658 Posts
My gawd... Three Visions in a row! Ya, baby...
Not only that, while we were out, we passed by 3 additional Visions. One bronze mist riding 2up and a man/wife pair. The wife was riding a white Vision Trike...now THATS a unicorn!

Not sure if any of them are members here. Sure would like to find out.

Reactions: CruzR

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Not only that, while we were out, we passed by 3 additional Visions. One bronze mist riding 2up and a man/wife pair. The wife was riding a white Vision Trike...now THATS a unicorn!

Not sure if any of them are members here. Sure would like to find out.
Let's hope they are lurkers, and chime in.

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Great. Of course I did use my Ultimate seat for the day :)
Nothing worse than a ride ruined by a sore butt and backs of thighs that go numb.

· Registered
6,781 Posts
This past weekend was the first weekend Deb and I have missed riding in a long time. The weather while not very cold in the 40s was just yukky. Rain and drizzle. We really did not do a whole lot of anything except enjoy each other's company. Which we really do enjoy. It is nice to read about other people's rides and I love the pictures that people share.

· Registered
795 Posts
It's here somewere give me a minute um...

Attachments

Reactions: Mountainrider

· Registered
44 Posts

First long ride on the X1.
Whistle noise around engine is driving me nuts. Gets louder with RPM, even sitting still in neutral so it's not the belt or trans. I swear it sounds like an intake air leak, but I stopped by the dealer and he said just get through the break in period and see if it changes.
Great looking bike brother.

I hate when dealers say stuff like that.

"Eh, just see if it goes away." You just paid $18K+ for a bike, but see if it goes away.

Went in for a pain in my leg. The Dr says "Eh, sounds like nerve damage, let's see if it goes away after a month." Quite annoying.

· Registered
282 Posts
Haven't been riding but have the opposite problem you guys are having so no photos.

Yesterday it was 115 degrees inside the house. No aircon just fans.

Just too hot for me (wearing helmet and grear) and I worry about the engine temp when stuck in traffic.

They have forecast the same for today. Live in bushland and risk of fire right up there. Staying home just in case.

Hate the hot weather!

· Registered
1,775 Posts

First long ride on the X1.
Whistle noise around engine is driving me nuts. Gets louder with RPM, even sitting still in neutral so it's not the belt or trans. I swear it sounds like an intake air leak, but I stopped by the dealer and he said just get through the break in period and see if it changes.
Does your bike idle and run at higher rpm's? If not, it's probably not an air intake leak. But I heard that you could spray break cleaner or wd40 around your intake boots while running to see if the rpms spike. If they do, you have a leak. Let us know what you find.

· Registered
1999 V92C & 2009 VISION
1,589 Posts
Wind finally ran out of breath to allow a ride-crazy strong wind this last week-saw a semi-truck blow over on its side, several power poles are snapped off just down the road & had a grass fire that blocked my path home Friday. looks like next weekend could be ridin' weather again.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
I finally get to post in the 'weekend rides!'

I pulled into the S.O.B. and thought it was closed, not a car, bike or truck in the lot. Cutie bartender was there, though, just lives around the corner.
She hasn't seen any bikes all winter.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

So, I head out in the flatter parts, on a familiar loop. I haven't ridden since November.

Here's my 'homage' to @Mountainrider, taking a bike pic from across the road of an old building. This is the 125-year-old Alladin General Store.
Sky Window Wheel Motor vehicle Building

A close-up of the town sign.
Plant Tree Asphalt Road Motor vehicle

Then, off to a prehistoric site.
Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Automotive lighting

There was no one there, but they left the gate open. I'd already been there, so I didn't go in.
Font Terrestrial plant Number Symmetry History

Sorry about the poor cropping. This is a natural sinkhole, now known as the "Vore Buffalo Jump."

A couple of miles down the road, I get pulled over by a Deputy, asking if I'd closed the gate at the Buffalo Jump! I told him 'no.'

21 - 40 of 3391 Posts