VOG Forum banner
3321 - 3329 of 3329 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
oh while on the subject of fuel, Diesel is a by-product it meant to be cheap as chips but its as high as all hell, again the people are being screwed time and time again, when I woz truckin' the vastness of this once great brown land, the semi's fuel woz over 1/2 of the gross earnings of that truck yearly, inturn if the lorry woz earning 200 grand a year its fuel bill woz 100 grand plus...................
what no sleeper?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
After living in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New York, Michigan, California, Illinois and Tennessee, I think America’s Southeast is ‘the best’. By a lot too.
Really in comparison to running colorado Montana Oregon Washington and Cali ? The southeast seems like baby hills to me. It’s Beautiful riding for sure but just on a lot smaller scale. I know the dragon is a big thing down south I’ve always looked at it as beginners course before even thinking of running west. But we all have our preferences just like bikes

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I know the dragon is a big thing down south I’ve always looked at it as beginners course
Gotta admit we said same thing but still enjoyed seeing some cool bikes, cars, great people, food and scenery from eastern Tenn through the dragon, around lakes Santeelah/ Fontana through Bryson, Cherokee ( the brp ) across to Maggie Valley. But, yea, the dragons just curves and our normal everyday roads are much more challenging because we have tons of blind off cambered knolls that you never know if the roads going straight, left, right or into a 180, we also have tractors, gravel piles, whores n buggies / other livestock, tons of critters, $hit that falls off trucks n trailers plus the normal tree stuff. I get what your saying though as we too just truly enjoy “the ride” and the goal is to see it all one trip at a time!!!
Edited for fairness.... “the dragon”is a destination, meaning that the roads to / from are fantastic and worth every gallon of fuel. Really like that whole area, everyone should go @ least once

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Gotta admit we said same thing but still enjoyed seeing some cool bikes, cars, great people, food and scenery from eastern Tenn through the dragon, around lakes Santeelah/ Fontana through Bryson, Cherokee ( the brp ) across to Maggie Valley. But, yea, the dragons just curves and our normal everyday roads are much more challenging because we have tons of blind off cambered knolls that you never know if the roads going straight, left, right or into a 180, we also have tractors, gravel piles, whores n buggies / other livestock, tons of critters, $hit that falls off trucks n trailers plus the normal tree stuff. I get what your saying though as we too just truly enjoy “the ride” and the goal is to see it all one trip at a time!!!
EXACTLY !

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
We take a ride thru the Santa Cruz mtns and up PCH to Alices Restaurant. every year. About 205 miles. After lunch at Betty's Burgers I noticed my bike feeling a little unsteady. The guy riding behind me pulls up and says "you're going flat". Yep got a .25" Cotter Pin in the rear tire. How does that even happen. We tried 2 plugs and it still leaked. One was a Mushroom type and the other the cord type. I got to use my cordless inflator for the first time, and got 2 full inflations and was still going strong. So I called AAA, and they said someone would be there in 60 minutes. We all thought "Yeah, been there and waited hours". But 10 minutes later the guy pull up with a flat bed and he actually knew what he was doing. Took me home 60 miles. Yesterday I removed the wheel and got the tire changed. $50. Up and running again.
Hood Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Automotive design
Bumper Communication Device Bicycle part Grey Mobile phone

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
We take a ride thru the Santa Cruz mtns and up PCH to Alices Restaurant. every year. About 205 miles. After lunch at Betty's Burgers I noticed my bike feeling a little unsteady. The guy riding behind me pulls up and says "you're going flat". Yep got a .25" Cotter Pin in the rear tire. How does that even happen. We tried 2 plugs and it still leaked. One was a Mushroom type and the other the cord type. I got to use my cordless inflator for the first time, and got 2 full inflations and was still going strong. So I called AAA, and they said someone would be there in 60 minutes. We all thought "Yeah, been there and waited hours". But 10 minutes later the guy pull up with a flat bed and he actually knew what he was doing. Took me home 60 miles. Yesterday I removed the wheel and got the tire changed. $50. Up and running again. View attachment 636671 View attachment 636672
I really like that color

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
We take a ride thru the Santa Cruz mtns and up PCH to Alices Restaurant. every year. About 205 miles. After lunch at Betty's Burgers I noticed my bike feeling a little unsteady. The guy riding behind me pulls up and says "you're going flat". Yep got a .25" Cotter Pin in the rear tire. How does that even happen. We tried 2 plugs and it still leaked. One was a Mushroom type and the other the cord type. I got to use my cordless inflator for the first time, and got 2 full inflations and was still going strong. So I called AAA, and they said someone would be there in 60 minutes. We all thought "Yeah, been there and waited hours". But 10 minutes later the guy pull up with a flat bed and he actually knew what he was doing. Took me home 60 miles. Yesterday I removed the wheel and got the tire changed. $50. Up and running again. View attachment 636671 View attachment 636672
CO2 fill?

Sucks the plugs didn't work. I carry electric pump just in case.

3321 - 3329 of 3329 Posts