VOG Forum banner

Show us a picture from your ride this weekend

258465 3371
Just a few minutes from home between Boulder and Denver. I was riding north to a little town called Longmont.

Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape Plant
Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape Tree
3301 - 3320 of 3372 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
oh while on the subject of fuel, Diesel is a by-product it meant to be cheap as chips but its as high as all hell, again the people are being screwed time and time again, when I woz truckin' the vastness of this once great brown land, the semi's fuel woz over 1/2 of the gross earnings of that truck yearly, inturn if the lorry woz earning 200 grand a year its fuel bill woz 100 grand plus...................
Oh I hear what your saying. I trucked for 45 years and owned my own. The whole Diesel cost is a straight out Raping

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
View attachment 636399 I had a lil time to ride solo so I broke out the old mans crotch rocket for some throttle therapy, had almost forgot how fun the katana is. She’s such a fantastic bike for those 20-80 mph roads because you pretty much just leave her in third gear and let her sing. This is the new lodge at old mans cave in Hocking Hills Ohio and will open very soon, it’s gonna be a super nice place to stay for hiking, riding & site seeing
As soon as I saw this pic, I knew it must be the new lodge at Hocking Hills. I think it was to open in July, seems everything right know runs behind schedule. It reminds me a little of the lodge at Salt Fork Lake. Great that you are doing well enough to get on this rocket.

·
Registered
462 Posts
That wasn't too long ago. That's a newer model Mack in the picture. Nice lookin truck. I drive a 2019 Peterbilt but have a brand new Mack on order. It was supposed to be here at the beginning of September but the factory can't get parts so the new Mack won't be here til next spring. Really sucks waitin.

Hiya there, an Aussie Pete, all converted over to right hand drive, had the day with this rig ..................photos shoot and done the article on the rig for a glossy magazine Truckin' Life..................

Attachments

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Since I asked for advice on my Utah adventure I made it to a couple cool spots but time wouldn’t allow me to hit them all so I guess I’ll have to come back 😉.

Ran down to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Camped there and ran out to Monument Valley and then Four Corners leaving some of the interior scenic rides for another time.
On my way home now. Ran up from Montecello Utah to Twin Falls Idaho for the night and an epic sun set.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just a 150 km ride around home, out to Coomba Falls near Maidenwell. Used to come out here a bit from Obi Obi in the 80s and 90s, but then it was a bunch of Nortons and Triumph twins and triples. We would hit the piss at the pub in town, then ride down a steep dirt road out to the falls, climb down into the gorge and roll out swags on the edge of the waterhole.
Tire Plant Wheel Sky Vehicle

Plant Plant community Water Natural landscape Bedrock

It's not a good pic of the actual falls, but there were 6 or 7 young people basking on the rocks further up the falls, scrambling to get clothes on as they heard me coming, they didn't need someone taking pics that included them.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Since I asked for advice on my Utah adventure I made it to a couple cool spots but time wouldn’t allow me to hit them all so I guess I’ll have to come back 😉.

Ran down to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Camped there and ran out to Monument Valley and then Four Corners leaving some of the interior scenic rides for another time.
On my way home now. Ran up from Montecello Utah to Twin Falls Idaho for the night and an epic sun set.

Be sure and see the falls while your there they are awesome!
Water Cloud Sky Plant Water resources

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
@13SicVic Dude I don’t care what anyone says but I wouldn’t paint that trunk, I like how your eye can see it or completely miss it. That’s a great looking bike as is, congrats on your trip & thanks for the pics, is on my bucket list

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
So made it home this evening after a stop last night at a buddies place along the snake river.
Sky Smile Plant Sleeve Shorts

He took us out on the river for a little bass fishing before dinner and I got my first 2 bass ever.
Water Cloud Sky Boat Sleeve

Had a great dinner, whiskey and cigars and a good nights sleep.
headed home about 0900 on Hwy 20 west. Hadn’t ridden it in that part of the state before. Another nice section to enjoy hills and sweeping 75 mph turns for a future ride.

I know I’m getting closer to home when this majestic beauty comes into view, meaning Mt. Hood in the background.

Sky Cloud Vehicle Plant Wheel

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Pere Marquette State Park on the Illinois side of the river. The Mississippi, Illinois and Missouri rivers all come together not far from here. There's a hiking trail in the park that's straight uphill about a mile that takes you to a nice lookout. I use it as my yearly physical and I'm glad to say I think I'm good to go for another year.

Plant Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire
Sky Water Cloud Property Wood

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Pere Marquette State Park on the Illinois side of the river. The Mississippi, Illinois and Missouri rivers all come together not far from here. There's a hiking trail in the park that's straight uphill about a mile that takes you to a nice lookout. I use it as my yearly physical and I'm glad to say I think I'm good to go for another year.

View attachment 636613 View attachment 636616
The grandeur of our nation from coast to coast is unparalleled in my opinion. Although I’m partial to the west.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
The west is the best? Sure you just weren’t bested by the beasts of the east, got all soft and now enjoy the openness of the west, I plan to find out for myself some day.
Great pics guys, beautiful areas

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
The west is the best? Sure you just weren’t bested by the beasts of the east, got all soft and now enjoy the openness of the west, I plan to find out for myself some day.
Great pics guys, beautiful areas
I hope you do find out. And hit me up when your done Brad lol I can’t wait for the “ SOB you were right ! ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
After living in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New York, Michigan, California, Illinois and Tennessee, I think America’s Southeast is ‘the best’. By a lot too.

Top of a day too u Chattanooga_Mark, come for a visit to Australia Mate, we ave 4 seasons in my neck of the woods winter, autumn, spring and summer....................and if u go to the other 1/2 of Oz they ave only 2 seasons Wet and Dry.............Cheers Rags...................

Attachments

3301 - 3320 of 3372 Posts